Looking for a recommendation for a good book

In summary: YafeIn summary, Guy Yafe is looking for a recommendation on a good book to start learning how to build electric circuits, as he has a BSC in Physics and Computer Science but no experience in this area. The recommended book is "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill, which provides an introduction to electronics and can be found in university libraries for review.
guyafe
Hi all,
I am trying to build a simple electric circuit that includes some microcintrollers and ultrasonic receivers and transmitters.
The thing is that I have no idea about how to build electric circuits. I do have a BSC in Physics and Computer Science, so I believe I could study it by myself.
I tried looking at the university's syllabi but couldn't find anything usefule.
Can anyone recommend me about a good book to start from?
I need something that is the basis: How to combine all the components, understanding how everything works.

Thanks,
Guy Yafe

Engineering news on Phys.org
guyafe said:
Hi all,
I am trying to build a simple electric circuit that includes some microcintrollers and ultrasonic receivers and transmitters.
The thing is that I have no idea about how to build electric circuits. I do have a BSC in Physics and Computer Science, so I believe I could study it by myself.
I tried looking at the university's syllabi but couldn't find anything usefule.
Can anyone recommend me about a good book to start from?
I need something that is the basis: How to combine all the components, understanding how everything works.

Thanks,
Guy Yafe

Welcome to the PF. If you are looking for an intro electonics book, the Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill is a good read, IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521370957/?tag=pfamazon01-20

You can take a look at it at your local university library to see if it looks good to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!

This is exactly what I was looking for.
Basically EE 1-O-1.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Guy

1. What genre of books do you recommend?

As a scientist, I would recommend books that focus on science, technology, or any other subject that aligns with your interests. However, I also believe that it's important to explore different genres and expand your reading horizons.

2. Can you suggest a specific title or author?

There are countless amazing books out there, so it's difficult to suggest just one. However, some popular science authors include Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Carl Sagan. It's always a good idea to read reviews and summaries to find a book that resonates with you.

3. Do you have any recommendations for beginners in a certain subject?

If you're new to a particular subject, I would suggest starting with a general overview book that covers the basics. This will help you understand the fundamental concepts before delving into more advanced topics.

4. Are there any books that you would recommend for all ages?

Yes, there are many books that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Some popular science books that are suitable for all ages include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "The Magic of Reality" by Richard Dawkins.

5. How do you choose which books to recommend?

I base my recommendations on personal experience, reviews, and recommendations from other scientists or avid readers. I also consider the relevance and credibility of the author and the subject matter of the book. Ultimately, the best book recommendation is one that aligns with your interests and leaves a lasting impact on you.