Why do women become so silly when they have a boyfriend yet?

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, the conversation discusses the behavior of some women in relationships, mentioning over-protective and jealous boyfriends as well. The speaker believes that women should have more humility and not think they are superior in relationships. Other participants in the conversation suggest that the speaker may be talking to the wrong type of women and should find someone else. The conversation ends with a story about being harassed by Spanish men in Spain. Overall, the conversation highlights the different attitudes and behaviors of women in relationships and suggests that these behaviors may vary from person to person.
Or you can go around with the t-shirt my one friend has that says across her chest "my eyes are up here!" with an arrow pointing upward...

Physics news on Phys.org
mattmns said:
These girls you are talking to have boyfriends! Go find someone else!

And they're always ou looking for replacements anyway.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, I'm not quite understanding that. If you're hitting on women with boyfriends, why are you getting upset when they remind you they have boyfriends and aren't available? And if they have boyfriends and would go out with you anyway, why would you want them?

I tihnk you are all misunderstanding him. I think he means that he's not trying to hit on them, they're just paranoid *insert not-nice word here in the plural form* who refuse to believe he could be doing anything other than hitting on them. Or at least that's how i read his post. But i could be wrong.

Evo said:
When my girlfriend and I would go out she'd get mad at guys always staring at my chest and say "her face is UP HERE!". I hate to stereotype, but most men can't overcome the urge to stare.

And why should we?

When i want to talk, i'll talk. When that's not what's on my mind, well then talking isn't on my mind. And if she can't handle that, that's her problem not mine. There is no reason i should have to make excuses for my hormone levels.

brewnog said:
The last time I was in Spain, there were three girls in our group. They kept getting harrassed by the Spanish blokes there. The men didn't seem to care whether or not these girls were available, interested, or just really scared, they carried on until we stepped in and pointed out that they weren't welcome.

I can well imagine it!

The only other European place I've been to where the situation seems worse is in Italy, where the men treat the women with so little respect it's actually quite disgusting at times.

Not to stereotype but when I was in Spain I saw that a lot. Must be something in the water.

Zach_C said:
Not to stereotype but when I was in Spain I saw that a lot. Must be something in the water.

No, its all the italians on vacation :biggrin:

franznietzsche said:
I tihnk you are all misunderstanding him. I think he means that he's not trying to hit on them, they're just paranoid *insert not-nice word here in the plural form* who refuse to believe he could be doing anything other than hitting on them. Or at least that's how i read his post. But i could be wrong.

If that's what he meant, then why worry about it. If they are that stuck-up, don't talk to them at all. Life is more enjoyable when you don't torture yourself by talking to people with personalities you don't like if you don't have to.

Clausius2 said:
That's the question of today.

Most of girls I know who have a boyfriend reach such a degree of stupidity never seen before. For them, it seems like all the universe is turning around her, and every guy who tries to talk with her is suspicious of trying to pick up with her. It is like we have to request permission to talk with them and we have to be very careful in order to not to appear we want to have sex above all things. If eventually she discovers or understands you are trying to pick up with her, she will put herself on a defensive behavior, as announcing she is the most happy girl in the world yet, and that happens without your presence being necessary.

That depends on your approach and where you're approaching them.

Moonbear said:
If that's what he meant, then why worry about it. If they are that stuck-up, don't talk to them at all. Life is more enjoyable when you don't torture yourself by talking to people with personalities you don't like if you don't have to.

Yeah, but then you end up like me, avoiding everyone because almost everyone is one of those personalities.

Here is what I think happened:

*Clasius approaches a busty female in her 20's*
-"Hey gorgeous, I couldn't help to notice the supersymmetry in your body, I'm not interested I just like this supersymmetry you know.."
*SLAP*
-"Hey hey that hurt. Why are you so.. what's eh the word I look for.. uh.. why are you so tense!*
[Enter Female's Boyfriend]
*Private chat between Female's Boyfriend and Female*
*Clasius gets knocked out*

--2 hours later, at home, on the computer--
"Man.. that girl was supersymmetric.. got to post on PF and tell everyone.. ow.. my head.."

franznietzsche said:
Yeah, but then you end up like me, avoiding everyone because almost everyone is one of those personalities.

Yeah... everyone has the "Oh my GOD! Did you see what she wore today?! Like, Whatever!" except me...

It sucks.

motai said:
Yeah... everyone has the "Oh my GOD! Did you see what she wore today?! Like, Whatever!" except me...

It sucks.

I feel your pain.

If i hear one more person rave about 'The OC' there will be teeth on the floor. As an atheist, i swear to god...

franznietzsche said:
No, its all the italians on vacation :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl:

I used to video conference and suddenly there were a lot of Italians and they would all be trying to outdo each other in hitting on the women, then they would start insulting each other and it would go back and forth. "ooh bebee I love you"..."you son of a dog, I will kill you"...ooh bebee, your lips look so soft". It was hilarious.

Last edited:
Evo said:
:rofl: :rofl:

I used to video conference and suddenly there were a lot of Italians and they would all be trying to outdo each other in hitting on the women, then they would start insulting each other and it would go back and forth. "ooh bebee I love you"..."you son of a dog, I will kill you"...ooh bebee, your lips look so soft". It was hilarious.

:yuck: No wonder they start claiming they have big boyfriends that will beat up any man who walks into the same room as them. I'd probably do that too if that's what I heard all day! :uhh: Nah, on second thought, I'd just smack them myself.

Here is a perfect example of why i hate humanity:

http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html

I mean seriously, that kid should have died, and for the sake of the quality of the human genetic pool, deserved to. Darwin award material flat-out.

And those people are even allowed to think about suing. His parents should go join him in jumping. They should try the grand canyon next.

I mean honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
rofl I hate that show and I've never even seen it - ignorance to the max :D

cronxeh said:
rofl I hate that show and I've never even seen it - ignorance to the max :D

Actually, a particular webcomic artist whose work i admire:

http://nuklearpower.com/ [/endorsement]

brought it up in his news post today.

I've never heard of the show, i don't live in florida.

The point is the same.

franznietzsche said:
And those people are even allowed to think about suing. His parents should go join him in jumping. They should try the grand canyon next.

I mean honestly.
The SUE the garage holder for having a kid stupid enough to jump between buildings? I hope that is just for setting up a fence and not for any damages.

Monique said:
The SUE the garage holder for having a kid stupid enough to jump between buildings? I hope that is just for setting up a fence and not for any damages.

In this country, I'm sure they expect damages.

And either way, its not like there was nothing there. There was a fence there, most likely intended to keep todlers and small children who wouldn't know better safe. Not to stop morons from jumping. That is not their responsibility.

cronxeh said:

-"Hey gorgeous, I couldn't help to notice the supersymmetry in your body, I'm not interested I just like this supersymmetry you know.."
*SLAP*
-"Hey hey that hurt. Why are you so.. what's eh the word I look for.. uh.. why are you so tense!*

"Man.. that girl was supersymmetric.. got to post on PF and tell everyone.. ow.. my head.."

That's blatantly what happened!

franznietzsche said:
In this country, I'm sure they expect damages.

And either way, its not like there was nothing there. There was a fence there, most likely intended to keep todlers and small children who wouldn't know better safe. Not to stop morons from jumping. That is not their responsibility.
Yeah, in this country personal responsibility has gone out the window. Its so bizarre that people can sue, much less win for things like that. If I'm stupid, its your fault for allowing it.

franznietzsche said:
Here is a perfect example of why i hate humanity:

http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html

I mean seriously, that kid should have died, and for the sake of the quality of the human genetic pool, deserved to. Darwin award material flat-out.

I mean honestly.
From the linked story said:
Tim Bargfrede told Local 6 News that he was following friends when he attempted to garage jump and did not make it to the other side. Bargfrede fell six stories and was knocked unconscious on impact.
Thank God he fell on his head, which is extremely thick, or else he could have been badly hurt. :yuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Are you flirting with them or being careful to only present yourself as showing no interest, other than a friend?

It makes sense if they think you are flirting that they let you know they are faithful to their boyfriends and not interested in flirting. I think you are just flirtatious by nature and don't necessarily mean anything by it. :tongue2: They may not realize that.

Are you looking into their eyes or into their cleavage when you talk to them? If a guy can't make or sustain eye contact with me, it's a pretty good indication of what he's thinking, no matter what he says. :wink:

Maybe your opinion as a woman is very valuable for me.

I am not looking at her cleavage each time I talk with her (I really don't know what "cleavage" means and I don't feel like to take the dictionary, but I can imagine it).

There are two opposite behaviors we can show when we come across with one of these women:

1.-You show no sexual interest at all, trying not to mean you're sexually attracted to her. Consequence: she damn you because you are too stupid for not realising she is so pretty. Therefore, not flirting with her is a wrong technique.

2.-You show sexual interest, so that she (who has a boyfriend yet) will play with you because women want to have at least one man flying around her. Their life wouldn't be the same with that stupid man. Once you get bored of the game, they will mean that she needn't any more company and probably they will call you "un pesao" or "un plasta" as it is said here.

It can be concluded that both strategies are condemned to failure.

Clausius2 said:

I am not looking at her cleavage each time I talk with her (I really don't know what "cleavage" means and I don't feel like to take the dictionary, but I can imagine it).

There are two opposite behaviors we can show when we come across with one of these women:

1.-You show no sexual interest at all, trying not to mean you're sexually attracted to her. Consequence: she damn you because you are too stupid for not realising she is so pretty. Therefore, not flirting with her is a wrong technique.

2.-You show sexual interest, so that she (who has a boyfriend yet) will play with you because women want to have at least one man flying around her. Their life wouldn't be the same with that stupid man. Once you get bored of the game, they will mean that she needn't any more company and probably they will call you "un pesao" or "un plasta" as it is said here.

Ah poor Clausius, you just can't win. :wink: :smile:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, I'm not quite understanding that. If you're hitting on women with boyfriends, why are you getting upset when they remind you they have boyfriends and aren't available? And if they have boyfriends and would go out with you anyway, why would you want them? :confused:

Franz has answered you yet.

Have you ever talked with a girl you think she feels interested on you although she have a boyfriend? The game goes like this:

-You think: Maybe despites she have a boyfriend she is not happy with him.

-She thinks: Hey!, if I mean I am interested on this guy, perhaps he will be very kind with me and these sort of things that women need to have been said every day.

And the game keeps on going but the fact she is probably deceiving you every time.

cronxeh said:

*SLAP*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have been laughing at this some time...

In my experience, Clausius2, a lot of times what guys percieve as flirting, girls think is just being nice. At the same time, though, girls are more likely to flirt with guys they aren't interested in (except as friends) than guys are. Its just something you have to get used to.

russ_watters said:
In my experience, Clausius2, a lot of times what guys percieve as flirting, girls think is just being nice.

That is the cruelty I was referring to. NICE? I am not nice with every body!. I recognise I have failed some times because of that misunderstood. But the fact is we don't go everywhere being nice. Are you nice with your boss? Are you nice with me? Are you nice with your neighbor? Are you nice with the postman? Are you nice with every classmates? Answer: I am not. That is just because man don't go over there being nice except with our friends (and this doesn't happen always).

Being a woman, a pretty woman, and being so nice with men over there has only one word: cruelty and lack of humanity and humbleness.

Maybe FranzNietzsche is able to understand this words in spanish and translate them, because I am unable:

"Ellas son amables sólo para jodernos la existencia."

Clausius, I AM nice with my boss, with you, with my neighbour, with my postman, and all my classmates!

Perhaps this is why they don't take to it too well. You're horrible to your postman and then nice to a random girl! If I was a girl, I'd be there sticking up for the postman.

I'm only not nice to people I actively dislike. And even then only if I have a specific reason at the time. My political debating notwithstanding (and except online, I generally only debate people I know - there is less chance of misunderstanding and hostility), I'm pretty nonconfrontational.

Clausius2 said:
I can imagine it too. :tongue2:

Why don't you show him what cleavage is Evo? :bugeye: :biggrin:

Clausius2 said:

There is a secret 3rd super strategy you can use, it goes like this:

3.-You show lots of sexual interest, beat up her boyfriend with a baseball bat, hump her leg during classes, slip love letters under her door, walk her to and from work every day, run over that guy that kicked her dog with your dodge carrivan, ect., result: get arrested for manslaughter and assualt, get a restraining order slapped on you and shipped off to an insane asylum... What? You were expecting positive results? These are women man, give it up.

so THATS why we have so many people in US prisons..

tsk tsk.. it was Canadians!

Artman said:
Why don't you show him what cleavage is Evo? :bugeye: :biggrin:

Hey, if ANYONE round here's showing any cleavage, it's going to be ME!

russ_watters said:
In my experience, Clausius2, a lot of times what guys percieve as flirting, girls think is just being nice. At the same time, though, girls are more likely to flirt with guys they aren't interested in (except as friends) than guys are. Its just something you have to get used to.

Being a bit flirty myself, I have to agree. I've been around guys I was not interested at all in a romantic way (though perhaps in a friendly way) and didn't realize I was even being flirtatious, just thought I was having fun joking around. But then when I am intentionally flirting with a guy who I'm interested in, it used to be that if they didn't notice, I'd take it that they weren't interested and just move on; now I realize some guys just don't notice until you outright tell them (and if they really aren't interested and say so, then it's all unambiguous and much easier on everyone).

Then again, sometimes women aren't flirting at all, but a guy who really is attracted to them sees everything they do as flirting because they are looking with blinders on. I ran into this problem with the janitor at work. Apparently not many people talk to him, so he took something as simple as me saying hi and asking how he is to be flirting. And of course his behavior changed based on that and I ended up thinking for a while he was the creepiest guy I ever met.

Anyway, it would all be so easy if people could get over their hang-ups and just tell each other outright when they're interested or not. :biggrin: Though, I still don't understand getting upset worrying about women who already have boyfriends. If they constantly need to be the center of attention and nothing you do with them is right, then they are what we call "high maintenance." More trouble than it's worth.

I think it would be a lot easier if we all had asses that glowed red. That would be unambiguous. :rofl:

Clausius2 said:
That is the cruelty I was referring to. NICE? I am not nice with every body!. I recognise I have failed some times because of that misunderstood. But the fact is we don't go everywhere being nice. Are you nice with your boss? Are you nice with me? Are you nice with your neighbor? Are you nice with the postman? Are you nice with every classmates? Answer: I am not. That is just because man don't go over there being nice except with our friends (and this doesn't happen always).

:bugeye: You think not being nice to anyone but your friends is going to be attractive to women? If I see a guy being a jerk to everyone, hanging around just his cluster of buddies, to me he looks like the obnoxious high school bully, and yeah, I'm going to be on the defensive as soon as he walks up to me.

The guys who attract women, at least the nice women, are the ones who can be friendly with everyone. When it comes to romance, forget that old myth that opposites attract; it's really like attracts like. If someone's a jerk, he's going to attract jerks, and if someone's nice, he's going to find himself surrounded by nice people.