Finding a spscific substance for a product

• Thread starter Girado
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, Gilad is looking for a plastic compound to produce a small plastic charm. The charm will be one molded piece that is then painted in several colors. Gilad has provided pictures for reference.
Girado
Hello, my name is Gilad,

I would like to have a general Idea of how to find out what is the most suitable plastic compound for producing a small plastic charm,

I enclose an Image demonstrates the material I’m looking for (probably it would be more meaningful for those who are familiar with Mini-Winni mobile phone charms…)

Thank you very much,

Gilad

Attachments

• Example001.jpg
    Example001.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 461
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Gilad.
Can you be a bit more specific as to the construction of your item? I can't tell from the picture whether it's one piece of plastic that's painted, or several coloured pieces put together. Also, is it to be solid or flexible?

Thank you for replying :)

It is one molded plastic part which is then painted in several colors. I've included two pictures for demonstration. I hope this will help better.

Thanks,
Gilad

Attachments

• Example002.jpg
    Example002.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Example003.jpg
    Example003.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 443

1. How do I determine which substance is best for my product?

The best way to determine which substance is best for your product is to conduct thorough research on the properties and characteristics of different substances. Consider factors such as cost, availability, effectiveness, and safety. You may also consult with experts in the field or conduct experiments to test the suitability of different substances for your product.

2. What are some common substances used in products and their purposes?

Some common substances used in products include water (as a solvent), oils (for lubrication or moisturizing), alcohol (as a disinfectant or preservative), and various chemicals (for cleaning or as active ingredients). The purpose of a substance in a product depends on its properties and how it interacts with other ingredients.

3. How can I ensure that the substance I choose is safe for use in my product?

Before using a substance in your product, it is important to thoroughly research its safety profile. This may include checking for any potential health hazards, regulatory restrictions, and proper handling procedures. You may also consider conducting safety tests or consulting with a toxicologist to ensure the substance is safe for use.

4. Is it better to use a natural or synthetic substance in my product?

This depends on the specific properties and intended use of your product. Natural substances are derived from plants or animals and may be considered more "natural" or environmentally friendly. However, synthetic substances can be more consistent in quality and often have a longer shelf life. Consider the benefits and drawbacks of both options before making a decision.

5. How do I source a specific substance for my product?

The best way to source a specific substance for your product is to reach out to suppliers or manufacturers that specialize in that substance. You can also attend trade shows or conferences to network with potential suppliers. It is important to ensure that the supplier is reputable and can provide a consistent and high-quality supply of the substance.