Can you recommend a physics book?

In summary, for beginners, "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser is recommended for its easy-to-understand approach. For advanced readers, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman is considered the go-to book for its detailed coverage and engaging writing style. "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Giancoli is a great option for those interested in real-world applications, while "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker is known for its clear illustrations and diagrams. Finally, "University Physics with Modern Physics" by Young and Freedman covers both classical and modern physics topics, providing a comprehensive overview of the subject.
hks85
I haven't taken physics since AP Physics in high school so something on that level would be great. know of any good books? thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Since you asked for a "physics" book in general, and nothing specific: take a look at University Physics (http://wps.aw.com/aw_young_physics_11/, http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/academic/product/0,,080538684X,00%2ben-USS_01DBC.html [Broken]). It covers everything from basic vector calculus to modern physics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure, I would be happy to recommend a physics book for you. Since you mentioned that you haven't taken physics since high school, I would suggest "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt. This book covers the fundamental concepts of physics in an easy-to-understand manner and is suitable for readers at the high school level. Another good option is "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, which provides a more in-depth exploration of physics concepts at a college level. I hope this helps and happy reading!

1. What is the best physics book for beginners?

For beginners, I would recommend "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. It covers fundamental concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.

2. What is the most comprehensive physics book for advanced readers?

"The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman is often considered the go-to book for advanced readers. It covers a wide range of topics in great detail and is written in an engaging style.

3. Are there any physics books that incorporate real-world applications?

Yes, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Giancoli includes many real-world examples and applications, making it a great choice for those interested in practical applications of physics.

4. Can you recommend a physics book with plenty of illustrations and diagrams?

"Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker is known for its clear and abundant illustrations and diagrams, making it a great choice for visual learners.

5. Is there a physics book that covers both classical and modern physics?

"University Physics with Modern Physics" by Young and Freedman covers both classical and modern physics topics, providing a comprehensive overview of the subject.