Constitution: Static or Living and in it means?

In summary, the Constitution means different things to different people. The Founding Fathers intended the Constitution to be a living document that could be amended by the Supreme Court.

i do apologize for the distraction. I am aware that my stong feelings are perhaps a bit beyond the norm so won't rant further.

I like this idea.
Or, they could do the more sensible thing - strike down the entire law, detailing the rationale for their decision, and letting Congress do the editing (which definitely won't be happening this election year).
reason - i read that, what was it, 2200 page bill . At least one version of it. The entire last 400 pages were all about Indian affairs and i thought it was a hastily thrown together mess. I wrote my congress lady advising her it reeked of haste and chaos and special interest pandering. She voted "for" anyway and was not re-elected.

And i like this idea
To change the system, the employer-only tax break has to be either eliminated or extended to everyone independent of the employer. Agreed?
though i would go further and get "for profit" insurance out of the system.
I have alienated some of my ultra conservative friends by favoring a public option to that end.
If you watch that Frontline show you'll see that Obamacare was written by an executive of Connecticut General Insurance company and a pharmaceutical industry organization lobbyist who extracted from Obama the promise of "No Public Option" before supporting his campaign. The show interviews the principals of both outfits.

I've made enough chaos here. End of rant-backup.

I will however write to Justice Kennedy and express my feelings. Calmly.

Or, there's still the possibility the SCOTUS could uphold the ACA.
I will express to Justice Kennedy my belief the mandate would be handing private industry the de facto power to levy taxes, a power reserved to congress and the states..

old jim

<h2>1. Is the Constitution considered a static or living document?</h2><p>The Constitution is considered a living document, meaning it is open to interpretation and can be adapted to changing societal and political circumstances.</p><h2>2. What does it mean for the Constitution to be a living document?</h2><p>A living document is one that is open to interpretation and can be adapted to changing societal and political circumstances. This allows the Constitution to remain relevant and effective over time.</p><h2>3. How does the concept of a living document impact the interpretation of the Constitution?</h2><p>The concept of a living document allows for a more flexible and dynamic interpretation of the Constitution, taking into account the evolving values and needs of society.</p><h2>4. Are there any downsides to viewing the Constitution as a living document?</h2><p>Some argue that viewing the Constitution as a living document can lead to a disregard for its original intent and can undermine the stability and consistency of the law.</p><h2>5. How has the idea of a living Constitution been applied in Supreme Court decisions?</h2><p>The concept of a living Constitution has been used in Supreme Court decisions to interpret the Constitution in a way that reflects the changing values and needs of society, such as in cases involving civil rights and privacy rights.</p>

1. Is the Constitution considered a static or living document?

The Constitution is considered a living document, meaning it is open to interpretation and can be adapted to changing societal and political circumstances.

2. What does it mean for the Constitution to be a living document?

A living document is one that is open to interpretation and can be adapted to changing societal and political circumstances. This allows the Constitution to remain relevant and effective over time.

3. How does the concept of a living document impact the interpretation of the Constitution?

The concept of a living document allows for a more flexible and dynamic interpretation of the Constitution, taking into account the evolving values and needs of society.

4. Are there any downsides to viewing the Constitution as a living document?

Some argue that viewing the Constitution as a living document can lead to a disregard for its original intent and can undermine the stability and consistency of the law.

5. How has the idea of a living Constitution been applied in Supreme Court decisions?

The concept of a living Constitution has been used in Supreme Court decisions to interpret the Constitution in a way that reflects the changing values and needs of society, such as in cases involving civil rights and privacy rights.