Find suitable values of y and x in the equation

• Thread starter rrab186
  • Start date
In summary, The I/P converter is designed to produce the response 'A' in the graph attached. The balance equation of the system is Po=(Kc*y/A*x)*Iin, where Kc=2500Newton Amps (NA), x+y=100mm, z=75 mm, and A=5cm^2. To determine suitable values of y and x to give the response 'A' in the graph attached, pressure must be entered into the equation in pascal and current in amps, and all dimensions must be in metres. The slope can be determined from the graph and the equation x+y=100mm should also be taken into account to solve for x or y.
rrab186
The I/P converter is designed to produce the response 'A' in the graph attached. The balance equation of the system is:

Po=(Kc*y/A*x)*IinKc=2500Newton Amps (NA)
x+y=100mm
z=75 mm
A=5cm^2

Determine suitable values of y and x to give the response 'A' in the graph attached.

pressure must be entered into the equation in pascal and current in amps and all dimensions in metres

The Attempt at a Solution

Po=(Kc*y/A*x)*Iin100000 pascals=(2500*y/0.0005meters^2*x)*0.02

100000/0.02 = (2500*y/0.0005*x)

5000000= (2500*y/0.0005*x)

It is at this point where i am stuck on how to continue and how to make x or y the subject of the equation.

Attachments

• I to P Graph.doc
    147 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you try determining the slope from the graph, first.

What part of Po=(Kc*y/A*x)*Iin represents the slope?

Don't forget about your other equation, x+y=100mm

1. What is the equation for finding suitable values of y and x?

The equation for finding suitable values of y and x is typically written as y = mx + b, where m represents the slope of the line and b represents the y-intercept.

2. How do I solve for y and x in the given equation?

To solve for y and x, you can use algebraic methods such as substitution or elimination. First, rearrange the equation to isolate y on one side, and then plug in values for x to solve for y. Next, use the value of y to solve for x by substituting it into the original equation.

3. Can I use any values for y and x in the equation?

No, not all values of y and x will be suitable for the equation. The values must satisfy the equation and make it a true statement. For example, in the equation y = 2x + 5, when x = 2, y must equal 9 for the equation to be true.

4. Are there any restrictions for the values of y and x in the equation?

Yes, there may be restrictions for certain equations. For example, in a rational function such as y = 1/x, x cannot equal 0 because division by 0 is undefined. It is important to check for any restrictions and make sure the values chosen do not violate them.

5. How can finding suitable values of y and x be applied in real-life scenarios?

Finding suitable values of y and x is useful in many real-life scenarios, such as graphing linear equations to represent relationships between two variables. It can also be used in fields such as physics and engineering to solve for unknown quantities in mathematical models and equations.