Clarification on set of assigned homework problems

In summary, clarification on a set of assigned homework problems is important for students to fully understand the concepts and techniques needed to complete the assignments successfully. This responsibility falls on the instructor or teaching assistant, who can be contacted through various means such as office hours, email, or class time. If further clarification is needed, students can reach out again or seek help from classmates or additional resources. It is best to ask for clarification before the due date, but it is still acceptable to do so after the deadline if necessary.
nicnicman
Hello everyone,

For homework my instructor assigned problem from the book. To show which problems to do she wrote this: 4n + 1 N={1, 2, 3...}. Does this mean problems 5, 9, 13, . . . ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, now that I look at the problem again I think she just wants us to do every other odd.

1. What is the purpose of clarification on a set of assigned homework problems?

The purpose of clarification on a set of assigned homework problems is to provide students with a better understanding of the concepts and techniques needed to complete the assignments successfully. It allows students to ask questions and receive guidance on any confusing or ambiguous parts of the homework.

2. Who is responsible for providing clarification on assigned homework problems?

The instructor or teaching assistant is responsible for providing clarification on assigned homework problems. They are the experts on the subject matter and can provide the necessary guidance and support for students to complete their homework effectively.

3. How can I request clarification on a specific homework problem?

You can request clarification on a specific homework problem by contacting your instructor or teaching assistant. This can be done during office hours, through email, or during class time. It is important to clearly communicate which problem you are struggling with and what part of it you need clarification on.

4. What should I do if I still don't understand a homework problem after receiving clarification?

If you still don't understand a homework problem after receiving clarification, you can reach out to your instructor or teaching assistant again for further explanation. It may also be helpful to collaborate with classmates or seek additional resources such as textbooks or online tutorials.

5. Is it okay to ask for clarification on a homework problem after the due date?

It is always best to ask for clarification on a homework problem before the due date. However, if you were unable to do so and are still struggling with a problem after the due date, it is still acceptable to ask for clarification. Your instructor or teaching assistant may have a different approach to providing guidance on late submissions, so it is important to communicate with them as soon as possible.