Electronic book for complete beginner?

In summary, the conversation is about a beginner looking for a book to learn about electronics. The person recommends checking out different books at the library and suggests one with examples. Another person recommends a free downloadable book called "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" for those serious about learning electricity and electronics. The book is described as a basic reference for enlisted men in the Navy and includes worked out examples and quizzes. The conversation ends with well wishes for the beginner's learning journey.
Kenny Bala
Hey guys, I'm a complete beginner in electronics, and am looking for a beginner book to learn all about electronics. Can anyone give me some good reads?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I found this one to be quite helpful when starting my degree, although each person may have a different recommendation as it is largely dependent on what you find best. If your at uni or near a library, have a look at a few different ones and see which is best. One with examples will help too :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/013507309X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kenny Bala! Welcome to Physics Forums!

“This tutorial is a brief introduction to the concepts of charge, voltage, and current. This tutorial is not as long and tedious as a college textbook, yet it contains more information than students are likely to find in an elementary schoolbook.”
http://www.swansontec.com/set.html

I first learned electronics in Navy schools, so I am a little biased. So, if anyone is serious about learning electricity and electronics, this free downloadable book is the best choice possible!

“Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" (NAVPERS 10622) in its entirety (or will be eventually). It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out (links to quizzes at end of chapters).
Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses
NAVPERS 10622
PREFACE
This book is intended as a basic reference for all enlisted men of the Navy whose duties require them to have a knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity.”
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/Electricity%20-%20Basic%20Navy%20Training%20Courses/electricity%20-%20basic%20navy%20training%20courses.htm

I wish you good luck along your path to more knowledge.
Bobbywhy

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an electronic book?

An electronic book, also known as an e-book, is a digital version of a traditional book that can be read on electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and e-readers.

2. How do I access an electronic book?

Electronic books can be accessed by downloading the file from a website or online store, or by using an e-reader device. Some e-books may also be available to read online without the need for downloading.

3. Are electronic books different from traditional books?

Yes, electronic books are different from traditional books in terms of their format and the way they are read. However, they contain the same content as a traditional book and can offer additional features such as hyperlinks and multimedia elements.

4. Do I need special software to read an electronic book?

Depending on the format of the electronic book, you may need specific software or apps to read it. Some e-books can be read using a web browser, while others may require a specific e-reader app or software. Most devices have pre-installed software for reading e-books.

5. Can I print an electronic book?

It depends on the copyright and licensing restrictions of the e-book. Some e-books may allow limited printing, while others may not allow printing at all. It is best to check the terms and conditions of the e-book before attempting to print it.