Register to reply

ME or EE?

by sanjuayoobkhan
Tags: None
Share this thread:
sanjuayoobkhan
Jun19-14, 03:28 AM
P: 4
Hi I'm sanju from kerala..I finished 12 th and planning for btech.I'm confused wheather to take eee or mech.....
Which has more scope and which is more easy?..I don't know what to do.......
Help me please ...
Its urgent ....ineed to submit option........kerala entrance examination....
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
cpscdave
Jun19-14, 06:15 AM
P: 138
Most people tend to view as electrical being the most difficult. I always joke that there are 2 types of engineers, electricals and those who weren't smart enough to be electricals.

As to which is truly harder it really depends on where your strength lie. I'm not in mech so I cannot fairly comment on what they do but what I can say is that electrical requires a good understanding of math as most of our courses tend to be math based.
sanjuayoobkhan
Jun19-14, 10:43 AM
Thanks for reply.

Im good at maths....hav 95% in maths at 12th...
Is der more problems to solve in eee....?or theory????
I hav opted for eee at govt eng college,trissur,kerala..also opted mech..and waiting for allotmwnt
ur openion

2milehi
Jun19-14, 06:05 PM
P: 111
ME or EE?

The ME guys at school would tease me with a little saying - there are two Es in "GEEK". My retort was that there are two Es in "BEER". Hope this helps.
jim hardy
Jun19-14, 08:55 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 3,760
My opinion:
The only thing more difficult about EE is that electronics takes a lot of imagination.
That's because our circuit parts don't move, so unlike a machinery part that you can actually manipulate you have to work a circuit "all in your head". .

In some ways EE is simpler - our units are already SI and our basic flow equations don't need a Reynolds number.

old jim
sanjuayoobkhan
Jun20-14, 01:32 AM
Thnx to all for your valuable information.:-)
?n0t_A_nUmb3R?
Jun20-14, 02:08 PM
P: 12
If you have a passion for both, ME and EE, then I suggest you look at Mechatronics. It's basically a combination of both EE and ME, with basics in Computer Science. There's a lot of demand for this fields
Student100
Jun20-14, 04:22 PM
P: 572
Why are you worried about which is easier? They're both demanding fields of study.

Which do you like more? That will be a major determining factor in which you should do, as interest can get you motivated to persevere through the rough spots.
sanjuayoobkhan
Jun21-14, 03:57 AM
I know about mechatronics......but no govt. College offers this course.......
axmls
Jun21-14, 05:54 PM
P: 18
Electrical's worth the most, because
Electrical = mechanical * civil^2
Student100
Jun21-14, 06:32 PM
P: 572
Quote Quote by axmls View Post
Electrical's worth the most, because
Electrical = mechanical * civil^2
This is untrue.
DLX
Jun25-14, 04:59 AM
P: 22
Quote Quote by jim hardy
The only thing more difficult about EE is that electronics takes a lot of imagination.
I don't feel that way about electronics but I do feel that way about electrical circuits. Electronics is logical and structured, and basically not very different from physics when you think about it. :)

To the OP, it depends. You should decide your interest and move. Both branches have good scope, though EEE will generally be preferred for IT jobs over mechanical engineering. In that sense (only), EEE is better.

Register to reply