Register to reply

Current direction in circuit?

by Hardik Batra
Tags: circuit, current, direction
Share this thread:
Seishin
Jul28-14, 07:39 PM
P: 2
Follow the path of least resistance, GrassHopper!
Each end of each thing connects directly to what other thing ?
If each end of R1 connects directly to , , , No, not giving the simple answer , , ,
Your first post declared that the circuit is simply a parallel circuit , , ,
So why would the currents behave in another manner?
Advanced level question: "What difference does it make to the circuit, how you draw it?"
phinds
Jul28-14, 08:04 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,514
Quote Quote by Seishin View Post
Follow the path of least resistance, GrassHopper!
Each end of each thing connects directly to what other thing ?
If each end of R1 connects directly to , , , No, not giving the simple answer , , ,
Your first post declared that the circuit is simply a parallel circuit , , ,
So why would the currents behave in another manner?
Advanced level question: "What difference does it make to the circuit, how you draw it?"
We've all told him the same things over and over. Beginning to seem like a waste of time.
Hardik Batra
Jul29-14, 12:42 AM
P: 108
Quote Quote by phinds View Post
Did you not understand my post #6? Think about it.

You REALLY need to get rid of the labels B and C. They are meaningless and are just confusing you.

AGAIN, reread my post #6.

This is getting old.
At initially you said this. But I didn't get it.

But I have tried to redraw the circuit (by removing the labelled ) and i have solved it.

Thanks to everyone.
ehild
Jul29-14, 01:05 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 10,781
Quote Quote by Hardik Batra View Post
I have tried but what to do next, i am confusing.
Draw the currents through the resistor R1 first. Its terminal A is connected to the positive pole of the battery. The other terminal is negative. So the current flowing through it is from ... to ... .
If you know the current through R1, apply the Nodal Law at B, and you get the direction of current through the wire connecting B and D. The other arrows are all right in your figure in Post #13.

ehild
Hardik Batra
Jul29-14, 01:54 AM
P: 108
Now, finally i got this. That i want.

Thanks.

Here, all three currents
1) flowing through A to B
2) flowing through C to B
3) flowing through D to B

are meeting at junction B. from B it is not going to negative terminal. But Point B has negative polarity to left and right side of it.

SO it is ok.
Attached Thumbnails
circuit.png  
ehild
Jul29-14, 06:43 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
No. At junction B, current flows in both from A and C. So the current must flow outward through the wire connecting B and C D. Change the direction of the arrow.

At D, there are ttwo currents flowing in, both through R3 and through the wire BD. So the third current should flow outward, through the wire joining to the negative terminal of the battery.

ehild
CWatters
Jul29-14, 12:19 PM
P: 3,281
Quote Quote by ehild View Post
No. At junction B, current flows in both from A and C. So the current must flow outward through the wire connecting B and C. Change the direction of the arrow.
I believe this should read "So the current must flow outward through the wire connecting B and D"

I'm going to break the rules and just post the solution as the OP has made several attempts...
Attached Thumbnails
CCT.png  
ehild
Jul29-14, 02:41 PM
HW Helper
Thanks
Quote Quote by CWatters View Post
I believe this should read "So the current must flow outward through the wire connecting B and D"
Thank you, I meant D instead of C.

ehild

Register to reply