Visual Calculus - Great Aid for Pre-Calc to Calculus 2 Students

In summary, visual calculus is a powerful tool for students studying pre-calculus to calculus 2. It uses visual representations, such as graphs and diagrams, to help students better understand and apply mathematical concepts. By providing a visual aid, visual calculus can make complex topics easier to comprehend and can assist students in solving problems and grasping key concepts. It is a valuable resource for students looking to excel in calculus courses.
sharkshockey
Here's a website created by Professor Lawrence S. Husch, along with the help of some of his students, from the University of Tennessee.

http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/index.html

I just came across it through Google trying to understand series and sequences better as well as refresh my memory on some various Calculus topics. This website is very helpful as it helped me fully understand series and sequences (along with other Calculus topics) with use of simple explanations and animated example problems. Hope this helps all of you as much as it helped me!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
yeah, a nice website..

What is visual calculus?

Visual calculus is a method of studying calculus that utilizes visual representations, such as graphs and diagrams, to better understand mathematical concepts and solve problems.

How is visual calculus helpful for pre-calc to calculus 2 students?

Visual calculus can help students in these classes by providing a visual way to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts, which can aid in problem-solving and overall comprehension of the subject.

What are some examples of visual calculus techniques?

Some examples of visual calculus techniques include using graphs to understand the behavior of functions, using geometric shapes to visualize integrals and derivatives, and using animations to show how different functions interact.

Can visual calculus be used in other areas of math?

Yes, visual calculus techniques can be applied to other areas of math, such as geometry, algebra, and statistics, to help students better understand and solve problems.

Do I need to have strong drawing or artistic skills to use visual calculus?

No, you do not need to have strong drawing or artistic skills to use visual calculus. Visual calculus techniques primarily use simple diagrams and graphs to illustrate concepts, and the focus is on understanding the math rather than creating elaborate drawings.