Changing a Folders Thumbnail Picture

• Thread starter tenacity2986
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, the individual is attempting to change the thumbnail pictures for their music folders on an external hard drive connected via USB. They have tried right clicking, customizing, and applying a new thumbnail, but nothing happens. They have also confirmed that the folder types are already set to "Music Icons" and the folders contain the album covers they want to use. The individual wonders if the issue is related to the fact that the folders are on an external hard drive. They are grateful for any responses or comments on their issue.
tenacity2986
I am running Windows Vista and have an external harddrive connected via USB. I store all my music on it and want to change the thumbnail pictures to the album covers that are already in the folders but when I right click, customize and apply new thumbnail, nothing happens. Why can't I change my folder thumbnail?

Computer science news on Phys.org
the folder types are already music folders
they are just new folders that i put albums of music in that i got via torrents (shhh) so basically ur suppose to be able to right click and change the folder cover picture as long ast the folder itself contains the picture that you want to apply. After hitting apply, nothing happens, perhaps it has to do with the fact that its on an external hard drive? Thanks for your response tho. i appreciate that at least 1 person could comment after 44 views. :-p

What is a folder's thumbnail picture and why would I want to change it?

A folder's thumbnail picture is the small image that represents the folder on your computer or device. It can be changed for personalization or to make it easier to identify a specific folder.

How do I change a folder's thumbnail picture on a Windows computer?

To change a folder's thumbnail picture on a Windows computer, right-click on the folder and select "Properties." Then, click on the "Customize" tab and select "Choose File" under the "Folder pictures" section. Choose the desired image and click "Apply" to save the changes.

Can I change a folder's thumbnail picture on a Mac computer?

Yes, the process for changing a folder's thumbnail picture on a Mac computer is similar to that of a Windows computer. Right-click on the folder and select "Get Info." Then, click on the folder icon in the top left corner and drag the desired image onto it. Click "Apply" to save the changes.

Can I use any image for a folder's thumbnail picture?

Yes, you can use any image for a folder's thumbnail picture as long as it is in a supported file format (such as .jpg or .png) and is not too large in size. It is recommended to use an image that is easily recognizable and relevant to the folder's contents.

Will changing a folder's thumbnail picture affect the files inside the folder?

No, changing a folder's thumbnail picture will not affect the files inside the folder. It is simply a visual representation of the folder and does not alter its contents in any way.