Hey I posted in homework help but now it's gone

In summary: Your Name]In summary, mentors routinely delete homework or homework-like problems that do not show any effort in solving the problem. They also send a warning notification to the poster explaining the reason for the deletion. These notifications can be accessed by clicking the Envelope icon on the top of any page. It is important to follow the forum's rules and guidelines, which can be found in the INFO link or by clicking the provided link. These rules are necessary to maintain a productive learning environment.
Homework Statement
NA
Relevant Equations
NA
If you posted a homework problem, and you don't see it any more, it might have been deleted by one of the mentors. The mentors routinely delete homework or homework-like problems where you haven't shown any effort at solving the problem. If your post is deleted for this reason, the mentor will also send you a warning notification which explains why your post was deleted.

You can see these notifications by clicking the Envelope personal message icon at the top of any page here. If you've received new notifications that you haven't read yet, there should be a little red badge "stuck" on the Envelope icon, showing the number of new notifications. The forum software calls them "Conversations."

Mentors also delete homework (or homework-like) problems that are posted in forum sections other than the Homework & Coursework section, or for other rules violations. To see our general rules, click the INFO link at the top of any page here, and choose "Terms and Rules." Or you can click this link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Scroll down to the section "Homework Guidelines."

Also note the "Guidelines for Students and Helpers" which is posted near the top of each of the homework forums, for example:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686781/

(last updated Nov 30, 2021 by Mark44)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I understand the importance of showing effort and critical thinking when solving problems. It not only helps in understanding the concept better, but it also prepares us for real-world problem-solving.

I appreciate the mentors for their dedication and efforts in maintaining the integrity of this forum. Deleting homework or homework-like problems without any effort shown is necessary to ensure that this forum remains a place for genuine learning and discussion.

I would also like to remind everyone to follow the guidelines and rules set by the forum to avoid any inconvenience. These guidelines are in place to maintain a healthy and productive environment for learning and discussing physics.

Thank you for providing the link to the general rules and guidelines. I will make sure to read and follow them to avoid any issues in the future.