Post your Spring 2010 schedule

In summary: I'm an expert summarizer, not a question-answerer.In summary, your schedule for Spring 2010 is: -Object-Oriented Programming (Java)-Computer Programming for Engineers (C/C++)-Calc II-Physics I (CM)-Physics I lab-IT for Electrical Engineers-Taking a light semester because you are going to be taking the physics GRE-Calculus 2-Algebra 2-English course (i'm from Poland)-Classical Mechanics.
Quincy
What's your schedule for Spring 2010? Mine is:

- Object-Oriented Programming (Java)
- Computer Programming for Engineers (C/C++)
- Calc II
- Physics I (CM)
- Physics I lab
- IT for Electrical Engineers

Physics news on Phys.org
Mine is pretty close to yours...

C++ Structural Programming
Calc 2
Physics I for Scientists and Engineers
EE Problem Solving
EE Lab Inst. and Methods

Not really looking forward to 16 credit hours with 40 hours of job work.

Calculus 2
Algebra 2
programming basics
Elementary Physics 2 (regular Physics course for Physics students)
computer lab 2
physics laboratory 1
English course (i'm from Poland)

hellbike said:
Calculus 2
Algebra 2

Isn't Algebra 2 taken way before Calc 2?

Quincy said:
Isn't Algebra 2 taken way before Calc 2?

Probably either for review or, mot likely, Linear Algebra.

Data Structures
Discrete Structures
Computer Organization
Real Analysis II
Abstract Algebra II
Partial Differential Equations
Undergraduate Research related to isometries of certain product spaces

quantum 2
solid state physics
abstract algebra 1
general psych
audit complex analysis
research

taking a light semester because I'm going to be taking the physics gre

pbandjay said:
Data Structures
Discrete Structures
Computer Organization
Real Analysis II
Abstract Algebra II

how much CH is that?

Optics
Electromagnetism I (out of 2)
Classical Mechanics.
That will be my first semester of my 3rd year undergrad, out of 5 years. It will start on March of 2010. I just can't wait till then!

rubrix said:
how much CH is that?

Does CH mean credit hours? If so, then 22.

For Winter Quarter:
Topology
Modern Algebra
Linear Algebra ( A rigorous course )
Classical Mythology.

Quarter system people generally only take four classes at a time instead of 5.

Last edited:
Solid State Physics
Analytical Mechanics and Classical Field Theory
Quantum Field Theory
Functional Analysis
Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics

...wait...Spring 2010? What happened to Winter?

lisab said:
...wait...Spring 2010? What happened to Winter?

"Your" Winter, "my" summer :). I'll be taking 3 final exams : physics II and III (introductory thermo/fluid mechanics, intro electromagnetism) and Complex Analysis.

Data Structures and Algorithms
Database Design
Computer Architecture (grad)
Study of Parallel Computation (grad) - I'm guessing this is like architecture, with a focus on multiple core chips.

fluidistic said:
"Your" Winter, "my" summer :). I'll be taking 3 final exams : physics II and III (introductory thermo/fluid mechanics, intro electromagnetism) and Complex Analysis.

Aaaah right, the Earth's axis is tilted WRT the plane of the ecliptic...I keep forgetting, haha :smile:.

general chemistry 2 with lab
precalculus

and that's it. i already took all of my electives, and since all sciience and amths are prequisite dependent, i can't take anything else. this summer though ill be taking organic chem 1 and 2 with calculus 1.

I need to pare it down but here is I will probably take 4 classes from these:

Physics Materials and Devices
Modern Physics
Optics
Differential Equations
Complex Variables
Chem I
Chem Lab
Physics Lab

What's considered a really full schedule?

UserName13 said:
What's considered a really full schedule?

Couldn't tell you. I've been in college for 10 years and I'm just now a junior, haha.

Calculus II
Physics for Scientists and Engineers II
Intro to Philosophy
Historical Perspectives (ugh.)

EDIT: Also doing Astrophysics research!

Last edited:
Physics: Fluids, Thermo, Quantum, Relativity (one class)
Linear Algebra
English Comp 2
German 2

Credit Hours: 15

After this semester I get to transfer!

abstract algebra II
intro. analysis in R^n
undergrad research-most likely in geometric group theory
cosmology and intro astrophysics
environmental design (blow off course, need it for an elective)

light, but enjoyable semester. i plan to devote most of my time to research.

pbandjay said:
Data Structures
Discrete Structures
Computer Organization
Real Analysis II
Abstract Algebra II

you won't make it. i was taking 21 credits this semester where i was really only doing work for 4 / 7 classes and i couldn't pull it out - i had to drop one.

Calculus 1
C++
C++ Lab and Recitation
University Physics 1
University Physics 1 Lab
Chemistry 116 (General Chemistry 2)
Chemistry 116 Lab

Should be great since I have C++ pretty much down.

Modern Physics
Diff EQ

(Easing into an Undergrad Physics Program)

ice109 said:
you won't make it. i was taking 21 credits this semester where i was really only doing work for 4 / 7 classes and i couldn't pull it out - i had to drop one.

I have 25 hours this semester, and I am doing fine.

Phy 251/252 Modern Physics/lab
Phy 277 Computation for Physics and Astronomy
Mat 200 Logic Langauge and Proof
Mat 305 Calculus IV
Film History

Analysis 1
Algebra 2
Enriched Theory of Computation
Intro. to Computer Science
Intro. to Islam

Probably won't be a fun semester :(

Heat Transfer Operations
Green Chemistry
Process Integration, Simulation, and Economics
Process Dynamics and Controls
Intro to Transport Phenomena
Quantitative Analysis Lab

Also doing research in nanomaterials

When is a good time to start looking for research opportunities in college?

ice109 said:

Ego much?

Quincy said:
When is a good time to start looking for research opportunities in college?

I'm going to be a second semester freshman, and I got a position researching with a professor in astrophysics. I've heard that a lot of research looks great on grad school applications (if that's the route you're thinking of going). I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's never too early to ask, and it's probably better to do it sooner than later if you're looking to get a decent position.

mg0stisha said:
I'm going to be a second semester freshman, and I got a position researching with a professor in astrophysics. I've heard that a lot of research looks great on grad school applications (if that's the route you're thinking of going). I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's never too early to ask, and it's probably better to do it sooner than later if you're looking to get a decent position.

Is starting junior year too late? I'm going to be a transfer student

renob said:
Is starting junior year too late? I'm going to be a transfer student

I'm not an expert, as i am just a freshman, but i don't think you can really be too late when it comes to starting research. I'd suggest trying to get a position now if you want one, as more research is better than not enough. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to verify/elaborate on this. Good luck!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of posting my Spring 2010 schedule?</h2><p>The purpose of posting your Spring 2010 schedule is to inform others, such as your professors, classmates, and advisors, of the courses you will be taking during that semester. This allows them to better understand your academic commitments and plan accordingly.</p><h2>2. How do I post my Spring 2010 schedule?</h2><p>To post your Spring 2010 schedule, you can either physically write it out on a piece of paper or use a scheduling tool, such as a calendar or online planner. Once you have your schedule, you can share it through email, social media, or by printing and posting it in a visible location.</p><h2>3. Is it mandatory to post my Spring 2010 schedule?</h2><p>No, it is not mandatory to post your Spring 2010 schedule. However, it is highly recommended as it can facilitate communication and organization within your academic community.</p><h2>4. Can I make changes to my posted Spring 2010 schedule?</h2><p>Yes, you can make changes to your posted Spring 2010 schedule if needed. It is important to keep your schedule updated and inform others of any changes, especially if it affects group projects or class attendance.</p><h2>5. Who will have access to my posted Spring 2010 schedule?</h2><p>Your posted Spring 2010 schedule can be seen by anyone you choose to share it with. This can include your professors, classmates, and advisors. It is important to only share your schedule with individuals you trust and who have a legitimate reason to view it.</p>

1. What is the purpose of posting my Spring 2010 schedule?

The purpose of posting your Spring 2010 schedule is to inform others, such as your professors, classmates, and advisors, of the courses you will be taking during that semester. This allows them to better understand your academic commitments and plan accordingly.

2. How do I post my Spring 2010 schedule?

To post your Spring 2010 schedule, you can either physically write it out on a piece of paper or use a scheduling tool, such as a calendar or online planner. Once you have your schedule, you can share it through email, social media, or by printing and posting it in a visible location.

3. Is it mandatory to post my Spring 2010 schedule?

No, it is not mandatory to post your Spring 2010 schedule. However, it is highly recommended as it can facilitate communication and organization within your academic community.

4. Can I make changes to my posted Spring 2010 schedule?

Yes, you can make changes to your posted Spring 2010 schedule if needed. It is important to keep your schedule updated and inform others of any changes, especially if it affects group projects or class attendance.

5. Who will have access to my posted Spring 2010 schedule?

Your posted Spring 2010 schedule can be seen by anyone you choose to share it with. This can include your professors, classmates, and advisors. It is important to only share your schedule with individuals you trust and who have a legitimate reason to view it.