Register to reply

Do you have to refer core losses in equivalent circuit?

Share this thread:
kaalad
Mar31-14, 12:29 AM
P: 5
Hi, I'm currently writing a lab report on single phase transformers and I need to determine the equivalent circuit with respect to the secondary side. I have already found the parameters with respect to the primary side so it is just a matter of referring them to the secondary side. What I would like to know is whether the core losses (Ro and (Xm) have to be referred as well and why.

I think they should be referred because they are a function of the current which would change depending on if it's in the primary or secondary side.....right?
However, I'm not 100% sure so can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong in thinking this way please?

Thanks in advance
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
donpacino
Mar31-14, 12:44 PM
P: 256
core losses xm and ro can be modeled as a resistor and an inductor both in parallel with the primary coil.

In a lab report it would be very good to refer to them as it would demonstrate understanding of the system as well as an understand of non ideal effects.

Register to reply