Solving an Electrical Problem: 79.2V Answer

• Thread starter mugzieee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electrical
In summary: A. thats why you are missing one equation.In summary, the given answer for the problem is 79.2V, but the student attempted to solve it and did not get the same answer. They may have made a mistake in how they were solving the problem.
mugzieee
hello. I was reading through the chapter, and i came across a practice problem. The given answer for the problem is 79.2V. I attemted to solve it, but i don't get the same answer. ICould you guys please help me out and tell me where i am making a mistake? Thanx in advance

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.d669771024.jpg

Attachments

• 304chpt4.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Might want to just print screen, copy/paste and upload the work to imageshack or something.

Last edited:
first off you can't solve these 2 equations that you have, because you have 3 unknowns and 2 equations. You need another equation.

I see you used a supermesh for mesh 2 and 3, however you don;t need it. That is a current controlled voltage source there. This is why you are missing one equation. It would be a different story if there was a current source there.

I can't open your file or get any of your links to work to see the Circuit Diagram.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I can't open your file or get any of your links to work to see the Circuit Diagram.

They aren't linked correctly, so you have to copy and paste it. Copy and paste the 3rd link and edit it to a basic URL.

teknodude said:
first off you can't solve these 2 equations that you have, because you have 3 unknowns and 2 equations. You need another equation.

my mistake, i looked at your work briefly and just saw the two numbered equations. I did the problem this time and get 79.2V. Your currents should be i1 = 3.08A i2=2.27A and i3=1.98

Last edited:

1. How can I determine the cause of an electrical problem?

The first step in solving an electrical problem is to identify the cause. This can be done by inspecting the electrical components, checking for loose connections, or using a multimeter to test for faulty wiring or damaged parts.

2. What is the most common voltage for electrical systems?

The most common voltage for electrical systems is 120V in residential buildings and 240V in commercial buildings. However, the voltage can vary depending on the type of electrical system and location.

3. What should I do if I encounter an electrical shock?

If you experience an electrical shock, seek medical attention immediately. Even if the shock seems minor, it is important to get checked by a professional. Also, make sure to turn off the power source and avoid touching any electrical components until the issue is resolved.

4. Is it safe to attempt to solve an electrical problem on my own?

It is not recommended to attempt to solve an electrical problem on your own unless you have proper training and experience. Electricity can be dangerous, and it is important to have a professional handle the issue to ensure safety and proper resolution.

5. What is the best way to prevent electrical problems?

The best way to prevent electrical problems is by regularly maintaining your electrical system and addressing any potential issues promptly. This includes checking for loose connections, inspecting wiring and components, and scheduling regular inspections by a licensed electrician.