3d analysis in gambit & fluent

In summary: Your problem is that you are trying to use a finite element method on a transient problem. A finite element method is not going to be able to solve for the time step reductions that you are seeing. A better way to solve this problem would be to use a discretization scheme that is more suited to the type of problem that you are trying to solve.
ank_gl
cud anyone please gimme some links for tutorials for airflow over 3d geometry in gambit(for meshing) & fluent (for analysis)...
:confused:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try registering in the fluent website...They provide a lot of free tutorials...

in cornell university, there are some tutorials files.this is the link:
http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/fluent/index.htm#HOWTO

Last edited by a moderator:
ank_gl said:
cud anyone please gimme some links for tutorials for airflow over 3d geometry in gambit(for meshing) & fluent (for analysis)...
:confused:

i m also studying GAMBIT and FLUENT. If you know how to construct 3D nozzle, please share me. thanks for your help.

do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

Documentation & tutorial files of fluent are also a good source to kick start

do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

I don't know what's wrong with that link. I can't try. when I enter that link, it shows me like this

Not Found
The requested URL /courses/fluent/index.htm was not found on this server.

Please tell me what should I do. thanks for your helps.

try this, it works
http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/fluent/index.htm

I am reading this book, Finite Element Analysis Theory and Applications with ANSYS - Saeed Moaveni, it is nice. Try to get hold of some similar book from your library

ank_gl said:
try this, it works
http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/fluent/index.htm

I am reading this book, Finite Element Analysis Theory and Applications with ANSYS - Saeed Moaveni, it is nice. Try to get hold of some similar book from your library

thanks for your valuable guides.

I got a data file (http://rapidshare.com/files/172642046/vert.dat) from the example of compressible flow in a nozzle (http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/fluent/index.htm )
It works for GAMBIT. But I am facing with a problem. My problem is : I don't know how to create this type of file by myself. So, please guide me which type of software I should use to create this file type.

Hi
I am running a simulation of 3D nozzle flow with the following information: Density based implicit solver, Inviscid Flow model, Ideal gas flow, operating pressure=0, Pressure inlet boundary, pressure outlet boundary...after some iteration ,I am getting "time step reduced in 1 cells" , after getting this message, iteration still continue and I get again " time step reduced in 4 cells"...please let me know why I get this message and how to solve this problem.

Thanks
tunzawcn

1. What is 3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent?

3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent is a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation technique used to analyze and study fluid flow and heat transfer in three-dimensional geometries. It allows scientists and engineers to model and predict the behavior of fluids in complex systems, such as aircrafts, automobiles, and industrial machinery.

2. How does 3D analysis differ from 2D analysis?

3D analysis takes into account the third dimension, which is usually ignored in 2D analysis. This means that 3D analysis provides a more accurate representation of the fluid flow and heat transfer in real-world systems. It also allows for the simulation of more complex geometries and boundary conditions.

3. What is the process for setting up a 3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent?

The first step is to create a 3D geometry in Gambit, which involves defining the geometry, meshing it, and assigning boundary conditions. The geometry is then imported into Fluent, where the fluid properties, equations to be solved, and solution methods are specified. The simulation is then run and the results are post-processed in Fluent.

4. What are the advantages of using 3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent?

3D analysis allows for a more accurate and realistic simulation of fluid flow and heat transfer in complex systems. It also provides a better understanding of flow behavior and can help optimize designs and improve performance. Additionally, Gambit and Fluent have user-friendly interfaces and powerful solvers that make the process of setting up and running simulations relatively easy.

5. What types of problems can be solved using 3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent?

3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent can be used to solve a wide range of problems, including flow over aerodynamic bodies, heat transfer in electronic devices, and combustion in engines. It is also commonly used in industrial applications, such as oil and gas, chemical processing, and aerospace industries. Essentially, any problem involving fluid flow and heat transfer can be solved using 3D analysis in Gambit and Fluent.