How many PF members are there?

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary, there are approximately 61,291 PF members. There is a tool that tries to keep track of regulars, but it is not very accurate.
mbrmbrg
How many PF members are there? Total? "Regulars"? Is there a tool keeping track? If not, how do we install a big brother to find out?

Physics news on Phys.org
depends on who you consider 'regulars'

I'll settle for a total, then.

As a guess, I'd say approximately 61,291.

Are you serious? Or is this humor? I can never tell on PF...

:biggrin: yes, I'm serious. Look on the right hand side of the main page, just below active users.

cristo said:
:biggrin: yes, I'm serious. Look on the right hand side of the main page, just below active users.

Whoa. I'm part of an almighty CITY...
And did I manage to multiquote yet?

I'd say you see the same 200 or less people posting all the time. There are many more lurkers and people who signed up but stopped posting after several weeks.

We gain about 100 new members per day.

The site's owner, Greg, has been in the habit of purging inactive accounts in order to keep a more realistic active membership number.

But as for people that post at least once a week, I wonder what the number is.

There is at least 1.

Astronuc counts as three. :biggrin:

Im 4 W000t

Astronuc said:
There is at least 1.

And less than infinity...:rolleyes:
Though I like the signature about PFers changing a light bulb.

Last edited:
Evo said:
The site's owner, Greg, has been in the habit of purging inactive accounts in order to keep a more realistic active membership number.

Uhh...I don't want to be purged :frown:. I never post but I get on PF to read at least like 5 times a day. I even have a button on my homepage that takes me to PF :cool:.

how many pfers does it take to unscrew a lightbulb?

My bad. The sign off line (of whom, I cannot rememer) asks how many people of a specifed ethnicity it takes to perform a specified task.
I got mixed up because I am in the midst of reading through Evo's locked list of PF classics, one of which discusses (at great and tedious and wonderful length) how many PFers it takes to change a light bulb.

Hey there mbrmbrg

Physics_wiz said:
I even have a button on my homepage that takes me to PF :cool:.

Wanna be... :grumpy: :biggrin:
PF is my home page. :cool:

Hey, moose--it's you! And I misquoted your sign off not once, but twice! Gotta copy and paste it into my funny file before I mess it up a third time...

mbrmbrg said:
If not, how do we install a big brother to find out?

A big brother? You mean, like these absurd TV-reality-shows? :tongue2:

Danger said:
Wanna be... :grumpy: :biggrin:
PF is my home page. :cool:

PF is one of my 3 homepages. I love tabs! And Firefox!

I go on PF at least 4 times a day.. even while at school sometimes :biggrin:

Ki Man said:
I go on PF at least 4 times a day.. even while at school sometimes :biggrin:

No! Not while you're "at school"!
Only when you're in class, looking at all of the people who bring laptops to "take notes", wondering who they think they're fooling...:rolleyes:

Not during working time, just during the spare minutes we get in computer class. At least I'm not playing solitaire or poker during a lecture like some others do

Ki Man said:
At least I'm not playing solitaire or poker during a lecture like some others do

Why is that a bad thing for them to be doing :confused:

*teacher fninshes explaining assignment*

*friend next to me looks up from his game of hearts and looks at me*

him: wait.. what are we supposed to be doing?

Ki Man said:
*teacher fninshes explaining assignment*

*friend next to me looks up from his game of hearts and looks at me*

him: wait.. what are we supposed to be doing?

lol, I didn't read the "during a lecture" part. Sorry :redface:

were you busy playing solitaire?

Ki Man said:
how many pfers does it take to unscrew a lightbulb?

If we were on the academic and career guidance board: one to unscrew the lightbulb and post a thread on it, and seven more to argue about why physics majors should not become professional lightbulb technicians.

Alternatively, on the homework help forum: one to post a thread asking for help unscrewing the lightbulb, one to tell him that he needs to post some work instead of expecting others to unscrew the lightbulb for him, and one more to post detailed directions on how to unscrew the lightbulb.

Somebody better laugh...I do try.

arunma said:

trying as hard as garfield in the iron-man competition

In the homework help forum: One to post a thread asking how to unscrew a lightbulb, stating that he needs help URGENTLY! Add in a few posts, all within ten minutes shouting "BUMP! ANYONE?". One member asking for the poster to rephrase the question in a more understandable way. Another member to tell him that he needs to post some work. The poster then says he tried to unscrew it by twisting it to the right, but it's not working. One member with 3 posts to tell him that he needs to continue trying, and that interestingly enough, he can get free energy from the vacuum of the lightbulb. Two members to laugh at that member. One member to finally post detailed instructions.

Nice sig, moose. :smile: Lightbulbs!

arunma said:
If we were on the academic and career guidance board: one to unscrew the lightbulb and post a thread on it, and seven more to argue about why physics majors should not become professional lightbulb technicians.

Alternatively, on the homework help forum: one to post a thread asking for help unscrewing the lightbulb, one to tell him that he needs to post some work instead of expecting others to unscrew the lightbulb for him, and one more to post detailed directions on how to unscrew the lightbulb.

moose said:
In the homework help forum: One to post a thread asking how to unscrew a lightbulb, stating that he needs help URGENTLY! Add in a few posts, all within ten minutes shouting "BUMP! ANYONE?". One member asking for the poster to rephrase the question in a more understandable way. Another member to tell him that he needs to post some work. The poster then says he tried to unscrew it by twisting it to the right, but it's not working. One member with 3 posts to tell him that he needs to continue trying, and that interestingly enough, he can get free energy from the vacuum of the lightbulb. Two members to laugh at that member. One member to finally post detailed instructions.
:rofl: :rofl: Those were good, and so true. :rofl: