Where can I find a template for organizing equations on one sheet?

• Thread starter physicophile
  • Start date
In summary, the student is asking for a template which can help him organize his equations on one sheet of paper, and he is using Word 2007.
physicophile
For one of my engineering class we are allowed to have one sheet of equations. Does anyone know where i can get a word or excel template that can help me orgainze my equations as one would do by hand (i.e. little boxes with titles all over the sheet)

Computer science news on Phys.org
you could use latex, or word 2007

He means to say he wants a template which has boxes all over the document since the helpsheet has to be hand-written, rather than software for writing the equations themselves Problem is I don't think there are any such templates around, largely because no one one knows in advance how much space you'll devote to writing a group of related formulae with explanatory notes.

You could use Word to draw text boxes if you want to. The best way to do it is to write it out by hand first so that you'll have a good idea of how much space you'll need for each group of formulae as well as how the layout would be structured. Then draw the boxes in Word. Just draw one box, copy and paste it repeatedly, taking care to resize them if necessary.

Ok thanks I will try that out. I have the powerpoint slides from the class and rather then writing them out by hand i just wanted to copy and past them. Thanks for the hint, and yes i am using word 2007. Oh and if you are wondering I am taking a powder metallurgy class

Oh I guess I misread. I thought you were creating a cheatsheet which your lecturer allows you to take into the exam hall. You're doing this for your own reference, right? So yeah Word 2007 is the way to go if you don't want to go to the extent of learning Latex.

Actually yes it is a cheat that the professor said we can use in class. I will look up latex, i have never used it before but have heard its good equations and what not

What is the purpose of creating an equations sheet?

The purpose of creating an equations sheet is to have a comprehensive and organized list of equations that are relevant to a specific field of study or a particular project. This sheet can serve as a quick reference guide for scientists and researchers to easily access and use the necessary equations for their work.

What factors should be considered when creating an equations sheet?

When creating an equations sheet, it is important to consider the scope of the project or field of study, the level of complexity, and the specific equations that are most commonly used. It is also important to organize the equations in a logical and easy-to-understand manner, and include any necessary units or variables.

How can an equations sheet be helpful in scientific research?

An equations sheet can be helpful in scientific research by providing a quick and easy reference for commonly used equations. This can save time and effort in searching for and deriving equations, and also ensure accuracy and consistency in calculations.

How often should an equations sheet be updated?

The frequency of updating an equations sheet can vary depending on the field of study or project. Generally, it is recommended to review and update the equations sheet regularly, especially when new equations are discovered or when changes are made to existing equations.

Are there any tips for creating an effective equations sheet?

Some tips for creating an effective equations sheet include organizing the equations by topic or category, including clear and concise descriptions for each equation, and using consistent formatting and units throughout the sheet. It can also be helpful to include examples or explanations for how to use each equation.