Investigatory project help pleeeaassee

• Thread starter honz415
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's desire to make a difference in their school's science fair in January. They express frustration with the usual interactive projects and express a desire to win the contest. They mention wanting to incorporate magic or innovative ideas into their project and provide their email for help. The conversation also briefly touches on the speaker's idea of creating a heat-powered fan using a thermoelectric generator and the possibility of using a Helium Neon Laser for their project.
honz415
Hi! I really want to make a difference in my school's science fair on january.. Usually, the interactive projects are always similar and they aren't any fun at all. I want to win at the contest and this interactive science project is also the basis for majority of my physics grade.. please help me.. I want it to be fun.. maybe magic associated with Physics or any innovations that is not yet so common in the market would be helpful.. email me at honz415@yahoo.com... please.. help me.. =)

Physics news on Phys.org
actually, I'm thinking of creating a heat-powered fan.. but to do that, it would require me to create a thermoelectric generator as well.. --> how would i do that?

You can buy Helium Neon Lasers from hardware stores quite cheaply nowadays. You can do lots of neat stuff with a laser.

Claude.

1. What is an investigatory project?

An investigatory project is a scientific experiment or study that aims to address a specific question or problem through research and investigation. It typically involves the use of scientific methods and techniques to gather and analyze data.

2. How do I choose a topic for my investigatory project?

Choosing a topic for an investigatory project involves identifying a problem or question that interests you and then conducting background research to see if it has already been addressed by other studies. You may also consult with your teacher or mentor for guidance on choosing a suitable topic.

3. What are the steps involved in conducting an investigatory project?

The steps involved in conducting an investigatory project include: identifying a problem or question, conducting background research, formulating a hypothesis, designing and carrying out experiments or studies, collecting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and communicating your findings.

4. How do I write a report for my investigatory project?

A report for an investigatory project typically includes an abstract, introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. It should also include any references or sources used in the project. Be sure to follow any specific guidelines provided by your teacher or mentor.

5. Can you give me an example of a successful investigatory project?

An example of a successful investigatory project could be a study on the effects of different types of fertilizer on plant growth. The student would identify a problem (how different fertilizers affect plant growth), conduct background research, formulate a hypothesis, design and carry out experiments, collect and analyze data, and draw conclusions based on the results. The report would then be written and presented to a panel of judges for evaluation.