Please guide me find out a postgraduate scholarship in Phys.

In summary: Around the Chicago area, I can name Northwestern, UIC, and IIT as the 3 in which you don't necessarily get an assistantship even with your admission.
ndung200790
Please guide me to find out a Scholarship on QTF Theory in USA.I intend to make the Thesis on the Replacing the asymptotic perturbative QTF theory(Feymann diagrams) by a Non-asymptotic QTF theory.
Thank you very much in advanced.
Francis Xavier Nguyen Dung. Vinh Diocese,Vietnam(country)

Physics news on Phys.org
What is your definition of scholarship?

1. Academic study or achievement; learning of a high level.

or

2. A grant or payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of academic...

I am seeking a scholarship meaning small sum of money enough for food to living in abroad(USA) and after I finish my Thesis I will have a certificate of Master or Ph.D degree.

Almost all of the international students at my universities graduate program have their degree from a school outside the US. The University pays their tuition, as well as their living expenses. I am sure there are similar programs for most all of the Universities here. Your best bet might be sending an email to the graduate admissions department of a school you would like to attend, and find out if such a program is possible for your situation.

ndung200790 said:
Please guide me to find out a Scholarship on QTF Theory in USA.I intend to make the Thesis on the Replacing the asymptotic perturbative QTF theory(Feymann diagrams) by a Non-asymptotic QTF theory.

You pretty much need to apply and be accepted at a University that is willing to support you and pay your tuition.

ndung200790 said:

You might want to read Chapter VI of my "So You Want To Be A Physicist" essay.

Take note that, unless you get accepted at a school that generally gives ALL their graduate students some form of assistantships (example: Stanford), most universities in the US generally do NOT provide any financial assistantships to incoming international students, unless they truly need TAs, etc. There's a strong possibility that you may have to support yourself (and prove that you can support yourself financially to obtain your student visa) until you pass your qualifier and gain either a TA'ship or RA'ship.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Take note that, unless you get accepted at a school that generally gives ALL their graduate students some form of assistantships (example: Stanford), most universities in the US generally do NOT provide any financial assistantships to incoming international students, unless they truly need TAs, etc. There's a strong possibility that you may have to support yourself (and prove that you can support yourself financially to obtain your student visa) until you pass your qualifier and gain either a TA'ship or RA'ship.
I'm a bit confused, all the places that I applied to (including some ranked 50-100 in USNWR) offered full tuition + stipend for *all* admitted students, even internationals. I guess getting admission itself is somewhat more competitive for internationals, but once admitted, I don't think there's much difference in the level of financial support for domestic and international students. (Stony Brook is probably the one exception I know of, but that's kinda a long story...)

Schrodu said:
I'm a bit confused, all the places that I applied to (including some ranked 50-100 in USNWR) offered full tuition + stipend for *all* admitted students, even internationals. I guess getting admission itself is somewhat more competitive for internationals, but once admitted, I don't think there's much difference in the level of financial support for domestic and international students. (Stony Brook is probably the one exception I know of, but that's kinda a long story...)

Around the Chicago area, I can name Northwestern, UIC, and IIT as the 3 in which you don't necessarily get an assistantship even with your admission.

Zz.

1. What are the requirements for a postgraduate scholarship in Physics?

The requirements for a postgraduate scholarship in Physics may vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, common requirements may include a strong academic background, research experience, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.

2. How can I find available postgraduate scholarships in Physics?

You can find available postgraduate scholarships in Physics by searching online databases, university websites, and scholarship directories. You can also consult with your academic advisor or department for potential scholarship opportunities.

3. What is the application process for a postgraduate scholarship in Physics?

The application process for a postgraduate scholarship in Physics typically involves submitting an application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and any other required documents. Some scholarships may also require an interview or additional materials.

4. Are there any specific scholarships for international students studying Physics?

Yes, there are specific scholarships available for international students studying Physics. These scholarships may be offered by governments, universities, or private organizations. It is recommended to check with the specific scholarship program for eligibility requirements.

5. How competitive is the selection process for postgraduate scholarships in Physics?

The selection process for postgraduate scholarships in Physics can be highly competitive, as there are often a limited number of scholarships available. It is important to have a strong academic background, relevant research experience, and a compelling application to increase your chances of being selected.