Burning Audio CD with Windows Media Player | Troubleshoot Corrupt Songs

• Thread starter Nusc
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed issues with burning audio CDs using Windows Media Player, such as the process stopping after a song and the possibility of corrupt files. It also mentioned the desire to edit and convert .mp3 files and asked for recommendations for programs that can do so. Ultimately, it was concluded that re-encoding files at a higher bit rate does not improve quality.
Nusc
I'm burning an audio CD using Windows Media Player. The process stopped right after finishing a song. I assume that the proceeding song is corrupt. After going through the process of converting it why can't it detect the corruption earlier? That was a waste of a CD! The file plays fine in Winamp or Windows Media Player.

Cause: ?

Solution: ?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
In that case does anyone know of a program that can edit .mp3 files? I want to break up an audio file because it plays continuously. If so, what's the name of it?

Forget it, I got one.

Will anyone provide the name of a program that converts .mp3 files from 128 KBPS to 192 KBPS ?

Thanks

Nusc said:
Will anyone provide the name of a program that converts .mp3 files from 128 KBPS to 192 KBPS ?

Thanks

There's no point to it. Re-encoding rich data to a lower bit rate is a lossy transform. When you try to reencode at a higher bit rate, you just get rubbish data thrown into fill in the blanks.

Interesting, and what about when you convert from 256 to 128?

Last edited:
Nusc said:
Interesting, and what about when you convert from 256 to 128?

256 -> 192 or 128 = smaller file size, lower quality

128 -> 192 or 256 = larger file size, no gain in quality.

1. Can I use Windows Media Player to burn an audio CD?

Yes, Windows Media Player has a built-in feature that allows you to burn audio CDs. It is a simple and convenient way to create a customized CD with your favorite songs.

2. How do I troubleshoot corrupt songs when burning an audio CD with Windows Media Player?

If you are experiencing issues with corrupt songs when burning an audio CD, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem. First, make sure your media player is up to date and try burning the CD again. If the issue persists, try playing the songs in a different media player to see if the problem is with the files themselves. You can also try converting the songs to a different format before burning the CD.

3. What can cause songs to become corrupt when burning an audio CD with Windows Media Player?

Songs can become corrupt for a variety of reasons, such as incomplete downloads, damaged files, or compatibility issues. It is important to make sure your songs are in a supported format before attempting to burn them onto a CD.

4. Can I add song information and album art to my audio CD when burning with Windows Media Player?

Yes, Windows Media Player allows you to add song information and album art to your audio CD. You can do this by right-clicking on the song in your library and selecting "Find album info." Once the information is added, it will be included on your burned CD.

5. Can I create a playlist and then burn it onto an audio CD using Windows Media Player?

Yes, you can create a playlist in Windows Media Player and then burn it onto an audio CD. Simply add the songs you want on the playlist, arrange them in the desired order, and then click on the "Burn" button. This will create a custom CD with your selected songs in the order you chose.