Is the Ninja Juicer Worth the Hype? A Closer Look at Its Quality and Durability

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary: It is up to the individual to inspect the appliance for any damage or defects before purchasing.In summary, the Ninja "juicer" is cheaply made and is not worth the money. My wife bought one and it is terrible.
turbo
Gold Member
Ninja "juicer" is cheap junk

Despite the hype, the Ninja is not a juicer. It is a cheaply-made blender with plastic drive shaft, plastic tools, and plastic jugs.

My wife bought into the hype and bought one. What a horrible piece of crap. She already had the most popular blender in the US - an Oster Beehive with all-metal base, metal drive and cutters, and glass jug. If you have ordered a slushie, a smoothie, or a frozen cocktail like a Margarita, chances are that it was prepared in an Oster Beehive. They are ubiquitous, in hotels, restaurants, bars, etc.

That piece of crap will be on our next lawn-sale.

Physics news on Phys.org

It may have decent reviews, but the base contains a lot of plastic, the drive shaft is plastic, the tools are almost all plastic apart for cutting edges, and the blender jugs are all-plastic. It just won't last like an Oster, though the Oster sells for half the price of the Ninja.

The Ninja is made in China, and if you get past all the flashy graphics on the box and turn the box upside-down, you'll find a sticker that includes the phrase "For household use only".

There are different Ninja blenders with different levels of quality, is this the one you got? http://www.walmart.com/ip/16913481?adid=22222222227000883599&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13223686870&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

No, she bought the Ninja Professional 1100, and paid $120+ at Sam's Club. Looking at all that plastic, I can see why the label on the bottom says "For household use only." Of course, the word "professional" is plastered all over the fancy graphics - a bit of a disconnect.

My favorite chat segment "Will It Blend?"

Cochicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0m4x0y3QNw

Last edited by a moderator:

That doesn't sound like it could taste good. Coke and chicken? At least he didn't shove a broomstick in there this time.

Haha, can I preorder the ninja when you decide to put it on sale? How does your wife like it now that she has it?

My sisters got one of the ninja for $30 a few months back. It's the cheaper one, but it did it job the first few months. Now, it's a little weak. It's still able to crush ice, but it takes a little bit longer. If you ask me, for the price I paid, I would give it 4 stars.

turbo said:
It may have decent reviews, but the base contains a lot of plastic, the drive shaft is plastic, the tools are almost all plastic apart for cutting edges, and the blender jugs are all-plastic. It just won't last like an Oster, though the Oster sells for half the price of the Ninja.

Is this factual or an assumption. It sounds like you are making an assumption that since it is made of plastic it won't "last". In this case using the word "last" makes the statement ambiguous. "Last" in relation to an appliance can mean many different things.

The Ninja is made in China, and if you get past all the flashy graphics on the box and turn the box upside-down, you'll find a sticker that includes the phrase "For household use only".

I have seen many appliances that make that statement yet they work quite well and have lasted for 10 years and still work fine. I have had other appliances that don't make that claim and they have broken down within a month of use.

1. Is the Ninja juicer really cheap junk?

It depends on your definition of "cheap" and "junk," but in general, the Ninja juicer is a budget-friendly option compared to other juicers on the market. However, it may not have all the features and durability of more expensive models.

2. Why is the Ninja juicer cheaper than other juicers?

The Ninja juicer is cheaper because it is made with less expensive materials and may not have as many features as other juicers. It is also produced by a mass-market brand, which allows for lower prices.

3. What makes the Ninja juicer a "junk" product?

The term "junk" is subjective and can mean different things to different people. Some may consider the Ninja juicer to be junk because it is not as durable as other juicers or may not have all the features they desire. However, it is still a functional juicer that can produce quality juice.

4. Does the lower price of the Ninja juicer affect its performance?

In some cases, yes. The Ninja juicer may not have all the features and durability of more expensive juicers, which can affect its performance. However, it still functions as a juicer and can produce quality juice.

5. Is the Ninja juicer a good option for those on a budget?

Yes, the Ninja juicer is a good option for those on a budget who still want to enjoy freshly squeezed juice. However, it is important to research and compare different models to determine which one best fits your needs and budget.

Back