Is PF Back?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: Zz.Welcome back! :tongue:Both web browser (Firefox and IE) on my computer are not showing the skin properly. Alot of line and borders are missing from the normal skin. Am I the only gettting this? It was fine when I logged in last night but everything went wrong this morning.Nope, you're not the only one. I'm getting that too.Strangely enough, this morning, I was viewing PF using Firefox but on the Mac Powerbook, and it looked fine. Now I'm at work on Windows using Firefox, and I'm getting what you are seeing.I'm on Windows XP, if it's of
Scientology down time for PhysicsForums

--Does John Travolta or Tom Cruise have control of the new server already?
Scientology down time for PhysicsForums
Posted at :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhysicsForums/

Someone E-mail 'text-only' update by using:
PhysicsForums@yahoogroups.com

to advise when system 'is back'

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thankfully, by the time I got home last night and realized PF was down, I already had emails waiting for me from some of the other mentors, so instead of clicking "refresh" every 10 seconds, I was clicking "check mail" every 10 seconds. It's good to have an alternative activity when PF is down. :biggrin: (Actually, I ended up doing work! :cry:)

Greg, any chance we could move back to the old server...the one that worked?! :frown:

It appears that we had another outtage just now... Not sure for how long, though.

Zz.

Too long!

I cry when PF is down :(

Please let me go...

I can't log out!:bugeye:
I get an error when I want to do it...

This morning I lost the ability to post and log out. I keep on getting a popup to download newthread.php or login.php. Now it's fine.

Lisa! said:
I can't log out!:bugeye:
I get an error when I want to do it...
YOU TRIED TO LOG OUT?

yomamma said:
YOU TRIED TO LOG OUT?
That is forbidden at PF! No one is allowed to log out!

Once one is in, one is in. There is no escape.

You have been assimilated!

... Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
Relax said the nightman
We are programed to recieve
You can log out any time you like
But you can never leave ...

Yeah,now it's fine for me too!
Gokul43201 said:
Relax said the nightman
I'm going to listen to that song...:cool:

Gokul43201 said:
Relax said the nightman
:grumpy: must...listen...

so what should I do? Skip Pink Floyd's echoes and go to Hotel California?

Is it just me or has PF been rather sluggish since yesterday? Sometime, I get a time-out error after I hit a link to a forum or a post. Even when I don't get that, it can take some time to get to that link.

It just appears to be slower than usual.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Is it just me or has PF been rather sluggish since yesterday? Sometime, I get a time-out error after I hit a link to a forum or a post. Even when I don't get that, it can take some time to get to that link.

It just appears to be slower than usual.

Zz.

Same here.

~H

It's partly due to the fact that yahoo has had several hundred bots on PF non stop for the past two weeks.

OUCH!

What was that? I couldn't get on PF since 4:30 am this morning till now (10:45 am). That HOITZ!

:)

Zz.

Greg Bernhardt said:
apache crashed
Sure! :wink:

I couldn't help but notice the coincidence with ST's ascension to Mentorhood. :rolleyes:

Give the guy a title and a little more responsibility, and he starts mucking around with things. :biggrin:

Watch him Greg. :rofl:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Give the guy a title, and he starts mucking around with things. :biggrin:

Watch him Greg. :rofl:

yeah so last night I give ST some nails and a hammer to put up this huge glamour photo of me in the server room and this morning I see nails extruding from the server box... odd... very odd...

Greg Bernhardt said:
yeah so last night I give ST some nails and a hammer to put up this huge glamour photo of me in the server room and this morning I see nails extruding from the server box... odd... very odd...
Well, at least he didn't shoot himself in the head 12 times.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/cctimes/news/14404429.htm [Broken]
An Oregon man who went to a hospital complaining of a headache was found to have 12 nails embedded in his skull from a suicide attempt with a nail gun, doctors say.

Well this guy did it deliberately, but I know there was an industrial accident where some guy fell while holding a nail gun, and shot himself in the head.

Builder survives nailgun accident
http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/health/3685791.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:

Wait'll you see what I did with the hammer.

SpaceTiger said:
Wait'll you see what I did with the hammer.
:bugeye:

Greg Bernhardt said:
apache crashed
Mayday ... mayday...Blackhawk down !

(okay officer, here's my poetic license)

There was another hiccup yesterday evening, no new posts over a several hour period.

I believe no one could post during that period. I couldn't post any, even PM, between 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm Central when I was online, and then I gave up.

Zz.

Pesky line 218 !

ZapperZ said:
I believe no one could post during that period. I couldn't post any, even PM, between 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm Central when I was online, and then I gave up.

Zz.
Yeah, I couldn't do much of anything here last night. It was pretty late by the time I realized there was a problem, so it lasted well beyond when you gave up.

But, really, Greg is just concerned for the health of all the members here. He knows how addicted you are, and that the only way to get you all to move from that chair and get some exercise is to shut down PF for a few hours a day. And, no, hitting the refresh button repeatedly is not exercise. :biggrin:

My LateX seem to get screwed up, edits are not replaced, text appearing from nowhere etc.etc.

Garth

Last edited:
Aaawwww, excuse me, but is that the site is getting slower and slower? Sometimes, it just takes ages to get a page loaded... :frown:, and hopefully, it will eventually load, but after about 10 times of getting the message saying that The page cannot be displayed, or timed out... :cry: :cry:
Is that bacause of too many bots that we have? :rolleyes:
Does anyone here experience the same thing?

Last edited:
<h2>1. Is PF back for good?</h2><p>It is unclear at this time if PF (Pink Floyd) is back for good. While the band has reunited for a few performances and collaborations in recent years, there are no current plans for a full reunion or tour.</p><h2>2. Who is currently a part of PF?</h2><p>The current members of PF include David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Roger Waters. However, Richard Wright passed away in 2008 and is no longer a part of the band.</p><h2>3. Will PF release new music?</h2><p>There are no current plans for PF to release new music. However, individual members have released solo albums and collaborated on various projects since the band's last album in 2014.</p><h2>4. Are there any upcoming PF concerts or tours?</h2><p>As of now, there are no announced upcoming concerts or tours for PF. However, individual members have performed PF songs at their own concerts and collaborations.</p><h2>5. Can I still see PF live?</h2><p>While there are no current plans for a full PF reunion or tour, individual members have performed PF songs at their own concerts and collaborations. So, it is possible to see some members of PF live in concert.</p>

1. Is PF back for good?

It is unclear at this time if PF (Pink Floyd) is back for good. While the band has reunited for a few performances and collaborations in recent years, there are no current plans for a full reunion or tour.

2. Who is currently a part of PF?

The current members of PF include David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Roger Waters. However, Richard Wright passed away in 2008 and is no longer a part of the band.

3. Will PF release new music?

There are no current plans for PF to release new music. However, individual members have released solo albums and collaborated on various projects since the band's last album in 2014.

4. Are there any upcoming PF concerts or tours?

As of now, there are no announced upcoming concerts or tours for PF. However, individual members have performed PF songs at their own concerts and collaborations.

5. Can I still see PF live?

While there are no current plans for a full PF reunion or tour, individual members have performed PF songs at their own concerts and collaborations. So, it is possible to see some members of PF live in concert.