Is This Solution to the Integral and Series Problem Correct?

In summary, the integral of 3x^2e^x dx is equal to 3x^2e^x-6xe^x+6e^x+C. This was obtained using integration by parts twice. Additionally, the question was asked for a divergent series with terms that go to 0, and it was confirmed that the harmonic series 1/n meets this criteria. Finally, the suggestion was made to differentiate the expression (3x^2-6x+6)e^x+C to verify the solution.
bengaltiger14

Homework Statement

Evaluate the integral 3x^2e^xdx

The Attempt at a Solution

I used integration by parts twice and came up with:

3x^2e^x-6xe^x+6e^x+C

Does that look correct.

Another question ask for a divergent series whose terms go to 0.
The harmonic series 1/n (with infinity on top of summation and n=1 on bottom) fits that criteria correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
1. google the integrator and check
2. yes you are correct

Even more simply, differentiate (3x2- 6x+ 6)ex+ C and see what you get!

Last edited:

What are some common types of homework problems?

Some common types of homework problems include math equations, reading comprehension questions, essay prompts, and science experiments.

How should I approach difficult homework problems?

The best approach to difficult homework problems is to break them down into smaller, more manageable chunks. Start by identifying the key concepts and then work through each step carefully. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck.

Is it okay to use outside resources when solving homework problems?

It is generally acceptable to use outside resources, such as textbooks or online tutorials, to help you solve homework problems. However, it is important to make sure you understand the material and are not simply copying answers.

What should I do if I am struggling to complete my homework problems?

If you are struggling with your homework problems, don't hesitate to reach out to your teacher or classmates for assistance. They may be able to offer helpful tips or explanations that can make the problems easier to understand.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills for homework?

One way to improve your problem-solving skills for homework is to practice regularly. You can also try different strategies, such as breaking down problems or working backwards, to see what works best for you. Additionally, asking for feedback from your teacher can help you identify areas for improvement.