Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics

In summary, the person is seeking recommendations for a good book with a lot of problems to practice basic quantum mechanics. They have read through several books already but feel like they need more practice. They are also interested in studying relativistic quantum mechanics and are currently beginning some books on that topic. They mention that they are self-studying and have not taken a class in quantum yet. They are considering taking a class with Eisberg's book but want to start practicing problems now. Another person suggests Modern Quantum Mechanics by J.J. Sakurai and Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications by Nouredine Zettili as good options for practice. The original person thanks them for the advice and plans on using both books for exercises.
Dahaka14
Okay, I'm sorry if this has been posted already or something, so if it has been, please don't waste your breath and simply post a link for me.

I have read through Eisberg and Griffiths quantum books, but I feel like I need more problems to solve in order to get a more solid base in basic quantum mechanics. I have Shankar, and have read most of it, and understand it, but I feel like it doesn't have enough exercises for me to get the stuff down well enough. What is a good book with many problems to solve? Keep in mind I am majoring in mathematics and physics, so it won't bother me to do a lot of mathematical rigor in my solutions. I am also eager to begin relativistic quantum mechanics/QFT, and I am currently beginning some of those books, but I don't want to dabble TOO much into those subjects before I have an extremely solid foundation in basic quantum. Also keep in mind that this is self-study only, I haven't taken a class yet in quantum, but I can't wait due to the research grant that I have. I'm not going to rush it, but I want to do the problems now. I am taking what is frequently called "baby quantum" next semester with Eisberg's book, but waiting for that seems lame to me since there isn't much mathematical rigor for that class, just overview of the subject. Sorry for the long-winded post.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you've gotten through some basics, give Modern Quantum Mechanics by J.J. Sakurai a shot.

thanks for the advice, i'll do exercises in both

1. What is a "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics"?

A "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics" is a collection of challenging and thought-provoking problems related to the field of quantum mechanics. It is designed to help students develop their problem-solving skills and deepen their understanding of the subject.

2. Who can benefit from using a "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics"?

Anyone studying or interested in the field of quantum mechanics can benefit from using a "Good Problems Book." It is commonly used by undergraduate and graduate students in physics and related fields, as well as researchers and professionals seeking to expand their knowledge and problem-solving abilities.

3. What makes a "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics" different from other problem-solving resources?

A "Good Problems Book" typically contains a wide range of problems that cover various topics, difficulty levels, and approaches. It also often includes detailed solutions and explanations, as well as additional resources for further study. This comprehensive approach sets it apart from other problem-solving resources.

4. How can using a "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics" improve my understanding of the subject?

By working through challenging problems, you can deepen your understanding of quantum mechanics concepts and principles. Through the process of solving these problems, you can also develop critical thinking and analytical skills, which are essential for success in the field.

5. Can a "Good Problems Book for Quantum Mechanics" help me prepare for exams?

Yes, a "Good Problems Book" can be a valuable study tool for exams. It can help you practice and apply your knowledge, identify areas where you may need more review, and improve your problem-solving abilities. However, it should not be relied upon as the sole source of preparation, and it is essential to also understand the underlying concepts and theories.