What was McCain's comment on JFK and the intervention .. tragedy?

• News
  • Thread starter nuby
  • Start date
In summary, during a conversation about McCain's comment regarding JFK's assassination being an "intervention," there were various opinions on whether it was a slip of the tongue or a nod to a conspiracy theory. Some believed it was simply a misspeak, while others saw it as a significant statement. Ultimately, the conversation was closed due to it going off topic.
Physics news on Phys.org
McCain was referencing the assassination of Kennedy. Now that was in November of 1963, so one has to wonder if Goldwater and Kennedy were already planning debates before either were nominated by their nominating conventions that were not held until the following summer. I have my doubts.

But if that was the only misrepresentation the Republicans had proffered during the election it would have been a remarkable election indeed.

I've never heard the JFK assassination called an intervention before. I'm not big conspiracy guy, but when I heard McCain say 'intervention' and watched his body language following the comment... conspiracy theory was my first thought.

McCain's slip might be innocent. he makes a lot of them and even has trouble keeping his tongue in his mouth these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
nuby said:
I've never heard the JFK assassination called an intervention before. I'm not big conspiracy guy, but when I heard McCain say 'intervention' and watched his body language following the comment... conspiracy theory was my first thought.

I only saw it as events that intervened and prevented JFK from following up on this alleged agreement. It was hardly any nod to a conspiracy that I could see.

I see no reason to think that it was anything more than a misspeak.

russ_watters said:
I see no reason to think that it was anything more than a misspeak.

i agree but how do you mispeak "intervention" from "assassination"??

IMO 'much ado about nothing'

Since the thread is going off topic, OT posts deleted and thread closed.

1. What did Senator McCain say about JFK?

Senator McCain praised JFK for his leadership and bravery during the Cuban Missile Crisis and his commitment to public service.

2. Why did Senator McCain make a comment about JFK?

Senator McCain made a comment about JFK because he was reflecting on the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination and wanted to honor his legacy.

3. How did Senator McCain's comment on JFK reflect his own political beliefs?

Senator McCain's comment on JFK reflected his belief in strong and decisive leadership, as well as his admiration for those who serve their country with courage and honor.

4. Did Senator McCain have a personal connection to JFK?

No, Senator McCain did not have a personal connection to JFK. However, he greatly respected JFK's leadership and contributions to American history.

5. What was the public's reaction to Senator McCain's comment on JFK?

The public's reaction to Senator McCain's comment on JFK was generally positive, with many people appreciating his tribute to a beloved former president.