Alonso & Finn Physics answer key

• Thread starter ronaldor9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, The conversation discusses the extent of the answers provided in the back of a book and compares different editions available on Amazon. The speakers mention that the book contains answers to odd-numbered problems and recommend buying the book despite its high price. They also mention that the newer version, called "Physics," has extra chapters but the omitted chapters in the older version are not important. The conversation ends with one speaker thanking the other for informing them about the availability of the book on Amazon.
ronaldor9
Hey does anyone know how extensive the answers included in the back of the book are? I want to check to ensure its enough for self study. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
They give the answers (not solutions) to the odd-numbered problems, which I think is normal for first year texts. Anyway, it's an excellent book, so get it anyway. You shouldn't be bothered getting an old edition that suites your pocket.

Great, that's good enough for me. Thanks again, ill be sure to buy the book, be it an old or new edition.

by the way qspeechc is the new version, the one with all three topics included in one book, the same as the older edition separate books?

I have an old one, from the 70's, and it's one book. I have "Physics" and not "Fundamental...". My doesn't seem to be the same as this one on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0201565188/?tag=pfamazon01-20
because mine only has about 800 pages, whereas that one has 1000 plus, and ludicrously expensive! They don't seem to list the book I have.

Ah! Yes they do! Get it quick, it's the last one, and cheap too!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0201002396/?tag=pfamazon01-20

EDIT: the newer one is basically the same as the older one I have, just one or two more chapters, space motion and some other wave topic, radiation I think, and some extra notes. I wouldn't be bothered getting the old one I linked above, the omitted chapters are not important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks a lot for the heads up on amazon! Got me the last one.

BTW Its looks to me that the three separate volumes of "Fundamental..." have been combined into one large textbook called "Physics".

1. What is the purpose of the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key"?

The "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" is a resource designed to accompany the textbook "Physics" written by Marcelo Alonso and Edward Finn. It provides answers to the questions and problems found within the textbook to aid students in their understanding of physics concepts.

2. Is the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" an official resource approved by the authors?

Yes, the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" is officially endorsed by the authors of the textbook. It has been reviewed and approved by them to ensure accuracy and alignment with the content of the textbook.

3. Can the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" be used as a substitute for studying and understanding the textbook material?

No, the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" should not be used as a substitute for studying and understanding the textbook material. It is intended to be a supplement and guide to aid in the learning process.

4. Are the answers in the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" 100% accurate?

The answers in the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" have been carefully reviewed and verified by the authors. However, due to the subjective nature of physics problems, there may be alternative methods or interpretations that could result in slightly different answers.

5. Is the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" available in digital format?

Yes, the "Alonso & Finn Physics answer key" is available in both print and digital format. It can be purchased alongside the textbook or separately through various online retailers.