Sample Exam Problem 2 Help | EM223 Statics | NEGAHBAN

• Thread starter eedayspa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Statics
This helps us get an idea of where you're stuck and how to help.In summary, the conversation discusses a problem on a sample exam and how to solve it. It involves summing forces and moments and using integrals to find the solution. The variables and equations needed to solve the problem are also mentioned.
eedayspa
I am trying to solve the problems on a sample exam, I am stuck on Problem 2, can anyone help? I can't get to help until tomorrow!

Thanks!

http://em-ntserver.unl.edu/NEGAHBAN/EM223/sexam2/sexam2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sum the forces in y, and the moment about point 1

define the point at which w1 acts as point 1, x=0
define the point at which w2 acts as point 2, x=35

Sum Fy=0

integral from 0 to 35 of [(w2-w1)/35in)x+w1]dx = 12000lbs

Sum M1=0

integral from 0 to 35 of x[(w2-w1)/35in)x+w1]dx - (14in)(12000lbs) = 0

I'll let you mess with the integration and solve for the two variables (or you can be crafty and replace the integrations with common shape area formulae)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, eedayspa.

In the future, please post homework questions to the homework help forum, and also post what you've tried.

1. What is Statics Help?

Statics Help is a branch of mechanics that deals with the study of forces and their effects on objects at rest. It is concerned with the analysis of structures and how they behave under different types of loads.

2. Why is Statics Help important?

Statics Help is important because it helps us understand the behavior of structures and how they can be designed to withstand different types of loads. It is essential in the design and construction of buildings, bridges, and other structures to ensure their safety and stability.

3. What are some common applications of Statics Help?

Some common applications of Statics Help include analyzing the stability of structures such as buildings, bridges, and dams, designing structural components such as beams and columns, and calculating forces on different parts of a structure to ensure its safety.

4. What are some key concepts in Statics Help?

Some key concepts in Statics Help include equilibrium, which states that the sum of all forces acting on an object must be equal to zero for the object to be at rest, and free body diagrams, which are used to represent all the forces acting on a body. Other important concepts include moments, shear and bending forces, and truss analysis.

5. How can I improve my understanding of Statics Help?

To improve your understanding of Statics Help, it is important to practice solving problems and working with different types of structures. You can also watch online tutorials or attend workshops to learn more about the subject. It is also helpful to have a strong understanding of basic math and physics principles.