Problem with MATLAB. Text exceeds maximum length.

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem where MATLAB is unable to display a long polynomial due to a maximum line length of 25,000 characters for the Command Window. The individual is seeking a way to display the entire polynomial, with suggestions to try writing to a file instead of outputting to the Command Window.
AdityaNanda
I am using MATLAB to model gravity of an irregular body. While displaying the answer,however, MATLAB displays this message.

" Text exceeds maximum line length of 25,000 characters for Command Window display"

Is there any way to subvert this maximum length?

Thank You

Physics news on Phys.org
what exactly are you doing? when does this happen? are you outputing stuff to standard output (screen)? are you bothering to insert new-line characters every so often? have you try to NOT output to a Command Window and instead simply write to a file?

@gsal I wrote a m-file that returns a polynomial of x,y and z. On executing the m-file I get a polynomial that is very long(the length is not an error. it is expected). But the problem is that the returned polynomial is so long that the MATLAB window is unable to display the whole polynomial. A part is displayed . On horizontally scrolling to the end , I find the aforementioned message from matlab.

I wanted to know if it was possible ,somehow, to display the whole polynomial.

like I said, do not try to display in any way...see if you can just write to a file, instead.

Thanks a lot gsal..i will try that.

1. What does the "Text exceeds maximum length" error mean in MATLAB?

The "Text exceeds maximum length" error in MATLAB means that the text you are trying to input or display is longer than the maximum character limit allowed by the software.

2. How can I fix the "Text exceeds maximum length" error in MATLAB?

To fix this error, you can either shorten the text you are trying to input or display, or you can increase the maximum character limit allowed by using the "format" function in MATLAB.

3. Can I change the maximum character limit in MATLAB?

Yes, you can change the maximum character limit in MATLAB by using the "format" function and specifying a larger value for the "short" or "long" option.

4. Why does MATLAB have a maximum character limit?

MATLAB has a maximum character limit to ensure efficient memory usage and prevent potential errors or crashes due to large amounts of text data.

5. Is there a way to bypass the maximum character limit in MATLAB?

No, there is no way to bypass the maximum character limit in MATLAB. It is a built-in feature to ensure the smooth functioning of the software.