Can we set up CDF document embedding here?

• Thread starter jackmell
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of embedding computable document format (CDF) files from Mathematica into the forum. The speaker mentions that Mathematica has a free CDF player and provides a demo of how it can be embedded in a web page. They suggest that this could be a useful tool for students to better understand complex analysis. However, they also mention having difficulty attaching a sample CDF file to the forum. The other participants express interest in this idea and agree to look into it.
jackmell
Can we embed computable document format files from Mathematica to the forum here? Would be nice don't you guys think? Mathematica has the free CDF player and I understand it's possible to embed CDF files in any web page. Here's the demo from Mathematica if this would be something the adminstrators would be interested in looking into:

http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/adopting-cdf/authoring-cdf/

For example, consider the log branch plot below. It's difficult for students to understand branching in Complex Analysis. However, having the ability to rotate that plot interactively, provides what I think is a great tool to better understand this concept. But the plot is static below and not very helpful as it stands.

It's easy to create CDF files in Mathematica. However, when I attempt to attach a sample CDF file here, I get an invalid file error.

Just think it would be a classy addition to the forum if it's possible.

Attachments

• mylogbranch.jpg
    mylogbranch.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 405
Physics news on Phys.org
We'll look into it.

I would take advantage of this also.

1. What is a CDF document embedding?

CDF stands for Computable Document Format, which is a type of document format developed by Wolfram Research. CDF documents allow for the integration of interactive computations, visualizations, and other dynamic content into a single document.

2. Why would we want to set up CDF document embedding?

CDF document embedding allows for the creation of interactive and dynamic documents, which can be useful for data analysis, scientific presentations, and educational materials. It also provides a way to share and distribute these documents with others.

3. Can we set up CDF document embedding on any platform?

Yes, CDF document embedding can be set up on various platforms such as websites, blogs, and social media platforms. However, it does require the use of Wolfram technologies, such as the Wolfram Cloud or Mathematica, to create and embed the documents.

4. Are there any limitations to CDF document embedding?

One limitation of CDF document embedding is that the viewer must have the Wolfram CDF Player installed in order to interact with the document. Additionally, some features may not be supported on certain platforms or devices.

5. Can CDF documents be embedded in other document formats?

Yes, CDF documents can be embedded in other document formats, such as PDFs and Microsoft Word documents. However, the interactive features of the CDF document may be limited or not available in these formats.