Older Female as Kid: Dance Moves, Victrola & 45's

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary: I never had a hot baby sitter to dance with when I was a kid, let alone a baby sitter. I now feel neglected. All I had to entertain myself with was a stick. hha ha jokeIn summary, when I was a kid, my parents would hire a babysitter ~5 years older than me. She would bring over her little Victrola and a small stack of 45's and after she ran my sisters off to bed, she would teach me dance moves that she learned from the TV shows. Years later, when I was in JHS, she would snag me and "make" me dance with her to older songs. She was a tiny little
turbo
Gold Member
When I was a kid, my parents would hire a babysitter ~5 years older than me. She would bring over her little Victrola and a small stack of 45's and after she ran my sisters off to bed, she would teach me dance moves that she learned from the TV shows.

Years later, when I was in JHS, she would snag me and "make" me dance with her to older songs. She was a tiny little thing with a curvy butt, so that wasn't much of a chore. To be in the 7th-8th grades with a cute HS cheerleader hauling me out onto the dance-floor... Not such a bad thing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you reminiscing? What brought that on. :)
I never had a hot baby sitter to dance with when I was a kid, let alone a baby sitter.
I now feel neglected. All I had to entertain myself with was a stick. hha ha joke

256bits said:
I never had a hot baby sitter to dance with when I was a kid, let alone a baby sitter.
I now feel neglected. All I had to entertain myself with was a stick. hha ha joke
I had learned about an illness in her family, and it made me think of her. A very sweet young woman. Actually, she's probably 65 now, but that's beside the point. I had some jealous male class-mates back in the 60s at dances.

Dancing? I'm not sure I've heard of this phenomenon. Where can I find such a thing?

But seriously, I've danced only a bit more than I've jumped off bridges. Which I've never done. Some people have two left feet. When it comes to dancing I have no feet.

Drakkith said:
Some people have two left feet. When it comes to dancing I have no feet.
Same here but that shouldn't stop you.Get up and do some dad dancing.You will probably enjoy it.:rofl:

turbo said:
I had learned about an illness in her family, and it made me think of her. A very sweet young woman. Actually, she's probably 65 now, but that's beside the point. I had some jealous male class-mates back in the 60s at dances.

Oh. And they most likely still are.

Thought of this,
What could've been, should've been, would've have been
With a twinkle the stars decide for all of us
But all my wants and desires
my regrets, my passions
are all a sweet fine mist
with you
anonymous

Dadface said:
Same here but that shouldn't stop you.Get up and do some dad dancing.You will probably enjoy it.:rofl:

Dad dancing?

This anecdote sounds very familiar. Her name wasn't Fanny was it? :approve:

DaveC426913 said:
This anecdote sounds very familiar. Her name wasn't Fanny was it? :approve:
Nope - Bunny. I think her given name might have been Bernadine/Bernadette. She was always Bunny to me.

turbo said:
Nope - Bunny. I think her given name might have been Bernadine/Bernadette. She was always Bunny to me.
You didn't follow the link... :frown:

DaveC426913 said:
You didn't follow the link... :frown:
Yes I did. She was not a fat bottomed girl, though. Just tiny, cute, and pleasantly curvy.

turbo said:
Yes I did. She was not a fat bottomed girl, though. Just tiny, cute, and pleasantly curvy.

I know, but the other similarities made it too good to pass up.

I'm 23 and dating a 34 year old, it'll be our one year in a few weeks. Is that relevant to this discussion?

dipole said:
I'm 23 and dating a 34 year old, it'll be our one year in a few weeks. Is that relevant to this discussion?
x= y/2 + 7

x=34
y=24

Oooh. You're just outside the acceptable range. Sorry. :frown: Look her up in another two years. You'll be 25 and she'll be 36.

Drakkith said:
Dad dancing?

It may be more of a U.K. thing.It's generally seen at family parties where more mature male members get up and dance with an amusing style but which embarasses their children if they are teenagers.You don't have to be a dad or mature to be a dad dancer but ideally you need to be flamboyant and with a total lack of co ordination.

Dadface said:
It may be more of a U.K. thing.It's generally seen at family parties where more mature male members get up and dance with an amusing style but which embarasses their children if they are teenagers.You don't have to be a dad or mature to be a dad dancer but ideally you need to be flamboyant and with a total lack of co ordination.

Check, check, and check. I think I could pull it off.

256bits said:

I had a ton of hot baby sitters when I was a kid, unfortunately most of them are married and have kids. I am actually friends with one of them on FB. She just graduated with her PhD as a doctor. She is hot and smart!

I didnt even know there was such a thing as hot chicks when I was of babysitting age - save perhaps for cornish game hens.

1. What are the benefits of teaching dance moves to older females?

Teaching dance moves to older females can have physical and mental benefits. It can improve balance, coordination, and flexibility, which can help prevent falls and maintain overall physical health. It can also improve cognitive function and memory, as well as boost mood and reduce stress.

2. How can older females learn dance moves if they have limited mobility?

There are many modified dance moves that can be taught to accommodate limited mobility. These can include seated dances, slow movements, and using a chair or other support for balance. It is important to consult with a professional instructor who can provide safe and appropriate modifications.

3. What is the significance of using a Victrola and 45's for teaching dance moves to older females?

The use of a Victrola and 45's can add a nostalgic and fun element to the dance class for older females. It can also help them connect with music from their past and evoke positive memories, making the experience more enjoyable and engaging.

4. Are there any potential risks associated with teaching dance moves to older females?

As with any physical activity, there is always a risk of injury. It is important for the instructor to properly warm up the participants and provide modified movements to prevent strain or injury. It is also crucial to take into account any existing health conditions of the participants and adjust the dance moves accordingly.

5. Can teaching dance moves to older females improve their social connections?

Yes, participating in a dance class can provide opportunities for older females to socialize and build connections with others. It can also help combat feelings of social isolation and loneliness, which can have negative effects on overall health and well-being.