Good resources to learn trig and calculus

In summary, good online resources for learning trigonometry and calculus include Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. Some recommended books for learning these subjects are "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart and "Trigonometry" by Michael Sullivan. It is recommended to have a solid understanding of trigonometry before learning calculus, but it is possible to learn them simultaneously with proper dedication. There are also free resources available such as YouTube channels and websites like Mathway and WolframAlpha. The amount of time needed to learn these subjects may vary for each individual, but it is recommended to dedicate at least 2-3 hours per week for each subject.
eNathan
Hi.

I was just wanting to know of some good resources that can explain the basics of trig and calculus. Unfortunately I am not required to take any of these classes in high school, and if I learn it now I will have a head start for college :smile:

Any suggestions? :uhh:

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Hi there!

There are many great resources available to learn trigonometry and calculus. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Khan Academy: This is a free online platform that offers comprehensive video lessons and practice exercises for both trigonometry and calculus. They also have interactive quizzes and progress tracking features to help you stay on track with your learning.

2. Mathisfun.com: This website has a variety of resources for learning math, including sections specifically for trigonometry and calculus. They offer clear explanations, examples, and practice problems to help you understand and master the concepts.

3. Textbooks: You can also find many textbooks on trigonometry and calculus that are designed for self-study. Some popular options include "Trigonometry for Dummies" and "Calculus for Dummies" by Mark Zegarelli, and "The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems" by W. Michael Kelley.

4. Online courses: There are also many online courses available for learning trigonometry and calculus, such as those offered by Coursera, edX, and Udemy. These courses often have video lectures, interactive exercises, and quizzes to help you learn at your own pace.

I hope these suggestions help you get started with your learning! Best of luck in your studies.

1. What are some good online resources for learning trigonometry and calculus?

Some good online resources for learning trigonometry and calculus include Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These websites offer comprehensive lessons, practice problems, and video tutorials to help you learn these subjects.

2. Are there any books that you would recommend for learning trigonometry and calculus?

Yes, there are several books that are highly recommended for learning trigonometry and calculus. Some popular titles include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart and "Trigonometry" by Michael Sullivan. These books are comprehensive and offer a variety of practice problems to help you master the concepts.

3. Is it better to learn trigonometry before calculus or can I learn them simultaneously?

It is recommended to have a solid understanding of trigonometry before diving into calculus. Many concepts in calculus rely heavily on trigonometric functions, so it is important to have a strong foundation in trigonometry first. However, some people may prefer to learn them simultaneously, and that can also be effective with proper time and dedication.

4. Are there any free resources available for learning trigonometry and calculus?

Yes, there are several free resources available for learning trigonometry and calculus. Some examples include YouTube channels such as The Organic Chemistry Tutor and Mathispower4u, as well as websites like Mathway and WolframAlpha that offer step-by-step solutions to practice problems.

5. How much time should I dedicate to learning trigonometry and calculus?

The amount of time needed to learn trigonometry and calculus may vary for each individual. It is important to dedicate consistent time and effort to studying and practicing the concepts. It is recommended to set aside at least 2-3 hours per week for each subject, and adjust accordingly based on your own learning pace.