Where Can Out-of-State Students Find Spring 2014 Internships?

In summary, an internship is a temporary work experience that allows students or recent graduates to gain hands-on experience in their field of study. It can enhance a resume, provide networking opportunities, and potentially lead to a full-time job offer. There are various ways to find internships, including online job boards, career fairs, networking, and reaching out to companies directly. It is recommended to start applying for internships 6-9 months in advance, but it is never too late to begin the search. Some internships are paid while others are unpaid, so it is important to research and consider the compensation and benefits before applying.
teroenza
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any research opportunities for out-of-state students during the spring 2014 term? I am a senior physics major, graduating this semester (early). I have applied to many NASA programs through it's OSSI application, and the DOE SULI programs, but did not get in. I realize this is late, but I'm scrambling.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
out-of-which-state? :smile:

What is an internship?

An internship is a temporary work experience that typically lasts a few months, where a student or recent graduate can gain hands-on experience in their field of study.

Why should I do an internship?

Internships provide valuable real-world experience that can enhance your resume and make you more competitive in the job market. They also allow you to network and make connections in your field, and can potentially lead to a full-time job offer.

How do I find internships?

There are several ways to find internships, including searching online job boards, attending career fairs, networking with professionals in your field, and reaching out to companies directly to inquire about internship opportunities. Your school's career center may also have resources and connections for internships.

When should I start applying for internships?

It is recommended to start applying for internships at least 6-9 months in advance, as some companies have early application deadlines. However, it is never too late to start looking for internships and many companies also offer internships throughout the year.

Are internships paid?

Some internships are paid, while others are unpaid. It is important to research and consider the compensation and benefits offered for each internship opportunity. Unpaid internships may still offer valuable experience and networking opportunities.