Who's on your 'Thanks' list? Share your appreciation on the THANKS Thread!

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, members of the forum are expressing their gratitude and thanks to various individuals for their help, knowledge, and contributions to the community. Some notable mentions include Zz, arildno, Moonbear, Astronuc, and Greg, among others. The forum is described as a diverse and educational atmosphere that has helped members improve their understanding and knowledge of various subjects. There is also a sense of camaraderie and appreciation for the community as a whole.
brewnog said:
In that case, I'd like to reciprocally thank Danger for being the little red guy with horns who sits on my shoulder all day long...
:devil: It's a foul task, not to be approached by an amateur. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd like to thank the little people...umm do we have any little people here?

hypatia said:
Yomamma must be the littlest. I don't think you can go much below unicellular and still be able to type.

Just how he drags that little cell over the keyboards, I'll never know..

hypatia said:
I've heard that arildno is a hobbit. They are pretty little.

Danger said:
Yomamma must be the littlest. I don't think you can go much below unicellular and still be able to type.
Give him a lever long enough and he can depress the enter key.

I'd like to thank all the GD crowd. You know who you are. :wink:
I'd like to thank everyone for the fantastic humor here and for generally being patient with me. Thanks.

Us flipper feet need to stick together. :approve:

This should have been done in my first post, but I wasn't all there at the time. I want to thank the goddess Evo for the tremendous amount of time and effort that she puts into moderating General Discussion. That's where I spend 95% of my time, but I've snooped around a bit and spend another 4.9% in GP. From what I've seen, she probably has the hardest job of any of the moderators, from the sheer volume of posts as well as the totally random content thereof. You're doing a great job, girl. :wink:

Thanks Danger, but skimming through a bunch of (mostly) humorous posts can't compare with the thought, consideration and knowledge that has to go into every post read in the other forums. The other mentors actually have to know what they're doing.

Evo said:
Thanks Danger, but skimming through a bunch of (mostly) humorous posts can't compare with the thought, consideration and knowledge that has to go into every post read in the other forums. The other mentors actually have to know what they're doing.
Oh, but you are wrong, Moosebreath (remember Carson?). Granted that they have to be on the alert to shut down quacks (although they seem to have missed me), but that's still in a regulated environment. You have to deal with total fruit-loop approaches to every subject under the sun, as well as some that will never see daylight. You are as much as anything a counsellor. When one (or more) of us screws up, you mediate. I have the utmost respect for Doc Al, Herkyl, and the rest, but they don't have to deal with the likes of me, BT, etc.. on a continuous basis. You have the ****ty end of the stick, and you handle it very well.

Don't forget me. I'm part of the etc. and spend 90%+ of my time in GD. Big shout out for Evo here!

Well, I'll just say thanks! If I start listing people, it'll take up a whole page and I'm probably going to wind up missing someone in the list, and then their feelings will be hurt, so there you have it. Thanks to you all...

to those in the GD funny farm...
to those over in the bio forum who help keep me on my toes...
to the engineering folks who have good tolerances for my ribbing...
to the math folks who patiently put up with my occassional "Go easy on me, I'm just a biologist" posts...
to the physicists with such magnetic personalities...
to all the students who give us a reason to be here...
to the philosophers who get us thinking and wondering...
to the astronomy and cosmology folks who are out of this world...
to the techies who get us out of trouble...
and to the skeptics who get us into trouble...
and even to the crackpots for providing much needed comic relief...
this place just wouldn't be the great place it is without you all!
Cheers folks!

Thank you Greg Bear for having helped me so far..
:rofl: