Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help

Ti-89 Titanium calculator. He clarified that he meant 66 "and" One Half, not just 66+1/2. There was confusion about the difference between 66+(1/2) and 66½, with some seeing it as an addition problem and others as a mixed fraction. Finally, it was stated that there is no difference and that is how you enter mixed numbers in a calculator. Other calculators may do it differently, but this is the method for the Ti-89 Titanium.In summary, there was a discussion about how to enter mixed or compound fractions into the Ti-89 Titanium calculator. There was confusion about the difference between 66+(1/
ClassicChelle
Does anyone know how to enter a mixed or compound fraction into the Ti-89 Titanium? (eg. 66½)

Computer science news on Phys.org
You mean like this: 66+1/2 ?

No, I mean 66 "and" One Half. A Mixed Fraction.

Whats the difference between 66+(1/2) and 66½ ?

I read 66+(1/2) as an addition problem. Not as a mixed fraction. I just need to know how to enter a mixed fraction into this calculator.

What are the numerical answers of 66+(1/2) and 66½ ?

So I guess I'm understanding that I have to enter a mixed fraction as an "addition" problem instead of being able to enter it as actual mixed fraction like the other "lower" scientific calculators do? Goooodness...

There's no difference, as ranger showed. That's how you enter mixed numbers in a calculator.

Yeah, that's how you do it.

I have no idea how other "lower" calculators do this, or that they do it any differently.

- Warren

1. What is the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature?

The Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help is a built-in feature on the TI-89 Titanium calculator that allows users to perform fraction calculations and simplify fractions.

2. How do I access the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature?

To access the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature, press the "Fraction" button on the calculator. This will open up the fraction menu where you can input your fractions and perform calculations.

3. Can the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature handle mixed numbers?

Yes, the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature can handle both improper and mixed fractions. Simply input the mixed fraction in the designated format (whole number, then space, then numerator/denominator) and press enter to perform calculations.

4. What operations can I perform using the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature?

The Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature allows users to perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with fractions. It also has functions for simplifying fractions, converting between fractions and decimals, and finding common denominators.

5. Is there a limit to the size of fractions the Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature can handle?

The Ti-89 Titanium Fraction Help feature can handle fractions with up to 14 digits in the numerator and denominator. If the fraction is larger than this, it will automatically convert to decimal format.