Lately, I have been very emotional, and I have no clue why. The other

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary, I'm feeling emotional and I don't know why. I think my job is getting to me, and I am stressed about school. I also cried today. I think it may be hormonal, but I am not sure.
mcknia07
Lately, I have been very emotional, and I have no clue why. The other night, I was looking at some pics and started to cry, and I didn't even really know why, since I didn't know the people in them too well. Another thing, I randomly started to cry today, too.

I'm kind of thinking, my job is getting to me or something. I don't normally show my emotions, well I do, but not in the sense of crying. It has been really stressful and school is not helping in the matters either. They tend to lose stuff of mine, just like my old high school did. It seems to be a funning thing in my family. Not too long ago they informed my brother, they had no records of him attending there. He had already graduated and taken his boards to be a RN and passed, all he wants now is to further his education. Ahhh, it makes me want to pull my hair out and scream, though I won't do that. Gotta keep the hair looking nice, and be lady like.

Any advise?

Physics news on Phys.org

You're just pregnant.

Have you grown a crash on smeone recently?

Cyrus said:
You're just pregnant.

:rofl:
Well according to Dr. Cyrus's dignosis abortion is the cure!

do you feel hopelessly stuck in a situation you can't get out of? that's got to be the worst, if so. i suggesting finding a sledgehammer and something to smash.

mcknia07 said:
Lately, I have been very emotional, and I have no clue why. The other night, I was looking at some pics and started to cry, and I didn't even really know why, since I didn't know the people in them too well. Another thing, I randomly started to cry today, too.

I'm kind of thinking, my job is getting to me or something. I don't normally show my emotions, well I do, but not in the sense of crying. It has been really stressful and school is not helping in the matters either. They tend to lose stuff of mine, just like my old high school did. It seems to be a funning thing in my family. Not too long ago they informed my brother, they had no records of him attending there. He had already graduated and taken his boards to be a RN and passed, all he wants now is to further his education. Ahhh, it makes me want to pull my hair out and scream, though I won't do that. Gotta keep the hair looking nice, and be lady like.

Any advise?
Could be hormones. :uhh: During late teens, early 20's people go through significant emotional periods - based on personal observation. Welcome to adulthood.

Cyrus said:
You're just pregnant.

Hahaha, very funny, Cy, but I think not!

Lisa! said:
Have you grown a crash on smeone recently?

:rofl:
Well according to Dr. Cyrus's dignosis abortion is the cure!

No to the recent crush, cute guys walk by, sure, but like no real crushes, well...ok, I do take that back...my best friend is trying to set me and this other guy up, and ok, yeah he is defantly what I would call my type. I do have a crush on him! He has just the right amount of nerdiness in him, so hott, plus good fashion sense! :biggrin:

Proton Soup said:
do you feel hopelessly stuck in a situation you can't get out of? that's got to be the worst, if so. i suggesting finding a sledgehammer and something to smash.

This option does sound pretty good :) Now if I would know what to hit...

Astronuc said:
Could be hormones. :uhh: During late teens, early 20's people go through significant emotional periods - based on personal observation. Welcome to adulthood.

Ah, ok so yeah that could explain it. Today, I turned 20...it explains everything, now that you said that...

So how long has this been going on, McKnia?

I'm going to assume that this is out of the ordinary...but has it happened before?

lisab said:
So how long has this been going on, McKnia?

I'm going to assume that this is out of the ordinary...but has it happened before?

Well, about like the past few weeks, maybe.

This is defantly out of the ordinary. I like never cry, and if I do, it's normally because I hurt myself doing something, lol. It happened one other time that I can remember, and that was at my best friends wedding (no one else was crying, of my friends, but it is kinda expected there)

Alot is going on though...I am the maid of honor for one of my best friends, and my other best friend told me she is pregant today.

Take a few deep breaths and analylise why you are weepy, If you can not, you may need some help , a few pats on the back, or friends saying how cool you are, i am sure you are a great person, and have no real reason to be weepy, other than that i can come round and kick your bum into gear, that never fails.

mcknia07 said:
Ah, ok so yeah that could explain it. Today, I turned 20...it explains everything, now that you said that...
It could also be a lack of sunlight during winter months, as well as lack of exercise.

Sunlight exposure affects certain levels of hormones, which may affect the feeling of well-being, which may affect emotional response.

Happy 20th Birthday!

And remember - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Do you know if being anemic could cause some of this too. I have never been diagnosed with it, but have been asked a lot if I have it. Thinking about it now, I don't eat 3 meals a day, I'm actually lucky if I get 1 maybe 2 a day...

mcknia07 said:
Do you know if being anemic could cause some of this too. I have never been diagnosed with it, but have been asked a lot if I have it. Thinking about it now, I don't eat 3 meals a day, I'm actually lucky if I get 1 maybe 2 a day...
An unbalanced diet or deficiency of certain vitamins could make one feel lethargic, or perhaps cause one to be slightly depressed.

We really can't offer a diagnosis on-line, but it would be worthwhile to see one's doctor and perhaps have a blood test. I think Moonbear would strongly recommend seeing one's doctor.

Besides normal sunlight exposure, diet (minimal fats, lean meats (unless one is vegetarian or vegan), fresh fruits, complex carbohydrates), exercise (should be regular, e.g. a vigorous 20-40 minute walk each day) and regular sleep all have an affect on one's emotions. The affect will very from person to person.

Has one consulted one's parents?

mcknia07 said:

You are a wimp sorry to say such, but only weeds get feed infrequently, i have no sympathy for bottom feeders, i am sure you will only select what advice seems appropriate to you, but i hope you are better than that.

mcknia07 said:

anemic? how about general malnutrition? people that don't eat look like that. how about eating a steak and taking astronuc's sunlight recommendation?

I don't know if it applies, but premenstrual hormones + lack of sleep + job/life stress can be kind of a perfect storm. I try to fix at least one out of three.

wolram said:
You are a wimp sorry to say such, but only weeds get feed infrequently, i have no sympathy for bottom feeders, i am sure you will only select what advice seems appropriate to you, but i hope you are better than that.

what the hell are you talking about?

wolram said:

Hey, I snack and drink lots of liquids. I might not eat full meals, but I get food in me somehow. At work, we don't get a lunch break..if we have time, we will eat something.

Math Is Hard said:
I don't know if it applies, but premenstrual hormones + lack of sleep + job/life stress can be kind of a perfect storm. I try to fix at least one out of three.

I think I do need to fix some of it. With the job, I don't like when people yell at me, it's so not cool. But, I just laugh it off, and having cool co-workers is awesome!

Proton Soup said:
what the hell are you talking about?
People are emotional wrecks suck it in, the only way they will ever control it, is to get to grips with there feelings, anyone that can not is on their way to the nut house, bollocks, why should i care any way, i am sucked dry.

hmm... I don't know about this job of yours, McKnia. Getting yelled at is definitely not cool, but not getting a lunch break, depending on how many hours you work and where you live, may be illegal. I had some pretty crappy jobs when I was your age, so I can sympathize.

Math Is Hard said:
hmm... I don't know about this job of yours, McKnia. Getting yelled at is definitely not cool, but not getting a lunch break, depending on how many hours you work and where you live, may be illegal. I had some pretty crappy jobs when I was your age, so I can sympathize.

The yelling is not an everyday thing, and it's not the people I work with, it's the patients. We do get time to snack or eat, but when it's busy... it's hard to get a real meal in. We try to, but it's defantly tough. I do love my job though, it's the best one I've had. My last job I didn't get a luch break, and I was there all alone with no one else, talk about scarey, lol. I'm strong though, and I've been fine, lol.

wolram said:
People are emotional wrecks suck it in, the only way they will ever control it, is to get to grips with there feelings, anyone that can not is on their way to the nut house, bollocks, why should i care any way, i am sucked dry.

I think that's kinda harsh. I'm sorry, that I trusted everyone to help me out and give some advise. Who is on their way to way to a nut house? And why so grumpy? Is someone going through male PMS?

mcknia07 said:
I think I do need to fix some of it. With the job, I don't like when people yell at me, it's so not cool. But, I just laugh it off, and having cool co-workers is awesome!
It's not cool at all to yell at someone. Next time that person (or any other) yells at you, request that the person not do so.

Astronuc said:
It's not cool at all to yell at someone. Next time that person (or any other) yells at you, request that the person not do so.

Oh I do, then I pass it off to a pharmacist :biggrin:, then they can deal with them. That's what our boss says to do, if we can't handle someone, pass it to a pharmacist, they know how to deal better with the person, it seems to be the same few, and we tell them, if they don't like us or something we do, then find another place to go!

1. What could be causing my sudden increase in emotional reactions?

There are many potential factors that could contribute to an increase in emotional reactions, including hormonal changes, stress, relationship issues, and underlying mental health conditions. It is important to assess your current situation and any recent changes that may be impacting your emotions.

2. Could this emotional instability be a sign of a larger problem?

While experiencing heightened emotions is common, it is important to pay attention to any persistent or extreme emotional reactions that may be a sign of a larger problem. If you are concerned, it is always best to seek guidance from a mental health professional.

3. Is it normal to have no clue why I am feeling so emotional?

Yes, it is normal to sometimes feel overwhelmed by emotions without being able to pinpoint a specific reason. Emotions can be complex and influenced by various internal and external factors. It is important to practice self-care and seek support if needed.

4. Is there anything I can do to manage my emotions better?

Yes, there are many strategies that can help you manage your emotions, such as practicing mindfulness, engaging in regular exercise, seeking therapy, and finding healthy outlets for expression, such as journaling or talking to a trusted friend or family member.

5. Should I be concerned if my emotional reactions are affecting my daily life?

If your emotional reactions are significantly impacting your daily life, it is important to seek support from a mental health professional. They can help you identify the underlying cause and provide you with tools and techniques to better manage your emotions and improve your overall well-being.