Programming ti83 cursor to NOT blink?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter Curd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of programming a TI83 calculator to stop the cursor from blinking. It is suggested to program oneself to blink at the same time as the cursor or to upload a different operating system onto the calculator. It is also mentioned that it may be possible to cover the blinking with a blank space on the screen.
Curd
is there any way to program a ti83 so that its cursor doesn't blink?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't know. But maybe you can program yourself to blink exactly when it does, so you'd never see it.

hah hah. :P

I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this in. Google gave me a link to the math forum when i tried to find a solution.

http://education.ti.com/downloads/guidebooks/graphing/83p/83m$book-eng.pdf

I don't know if you can do what your thinking but it might be in here if it exists. From what I know you can only change it for like one operation in fact being able to see what shape it's in is important to being able to tell what it's doing.

I did see something while searching for that site that suggests you can upload different operating systems onto these types calculators however I know nothing about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any graphic calculators that don't have a blinking cursor?

I think it would be possible. Hard, but possible. You would have to interfere with the graphics card, to counteract what the calculator's OS does with the blinking. Messy stuff. I just have to ask, WHY?!?!?

You can place a blank space at the top right of the screen to cover the blinking. I don't remember the code, though.

1. How do I stop the cursor on my TI-83 calculator from blinking?

To stop the cursor from blinking on your TI-83 calculator, you can press the [2nd] button followed by the [MODE] button. This will bring up the "MODE" menu where you can use the arrow keys to navigate to "Cursor" and then press [ENTER]. From here, you can select "Solid" as the cursor type to stop it from blinking.

2. Why does the cursor on my TI-83 calculator keep blinking?

The cursor on your TI-83 calculator may keep blinking if it is set to the "Blinking" cursor type in the "MODE" menu. It may also blink if the calculator is in a "Text" or "Graph" mode. To stop the blinking, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous question.

3. Can I customize the cursor on my TI-83 calculator?

Yes, you can customize the cursor on your TI-83 calculator by going into the "MODE" menu and selecting "Cursor". From here, you can choose between different cursor types such as "Blinking", "Solid", or "Dot". You can also adjust the cursor size and position using the arrow keys.

4. How do I switch between different cursor types on my TI-83 calculator?

To switch between different cursor types on your TI-83 calculator, you can press the [2nd] button followed by the [MODE] button to bring up the "MODE" menu. From here, you can use the arrow keys to navigate to "Cursor" and then press [ENTER]. You can then choose between different cursor types such as "Blinking", "Solid", or "Dot".

5. Can I turn off the cursor completely on my TI-83 calculator?

No, you cannot turn off the cursor completely on your TI-83 calculator. However, you can make it less noticeable by selecting the "Dot" cursor type in the "MODE" menu. This will make the cursor appear as a small dot instead of a blinking or solid line.