Can't post in Math and Science Learning Materials forum

• Thread starter amy andrews
  • Start date
In summary, the Math and Science Learning Materials forum on PF does not allow new topics to be started, except for Science Advisors, Homework Helpers, and mentors. If you want to post there, you need to contact a mentor. General questions about F=ma can be posted in the "Classical Physics" forum, while specific homework or coursework exercises can be posted in the "Homework and Coursework Questions" forum under the "Introductory Physics" subforum.
amy andrews
I came on PF after about a month to ask a question in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum. However, it seems I'm not allowed to start a new topic in this forum (unlike in, say, the homework forum). Is there a reason for this-- only certain members can post, etc?
Thanks!
Amy

Physics news on Phys.org
amy andrews said:
I came on PF after about a month to ask a question in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum. However, it seems I'm not allowed to start a new topic in this forum (unlike in, say, the homework forum). Is there a reason for this-- only certain members can post, etc?
Thanks!
Amy

Yeah, only Science Advisors and Homework Helpers and mentors can post there.
If you want to post something there, then you need to pm a mentor...

But I'm sure your question would also be suited under academic guidance??

Aha! I see. Thank you :)
I was going to ask about preparation for F=ma (I know it's been asked before, but my case is slightly unusual) and that doesn't seem to fit under academic guidance...or does it?

Yes, the Learning Materials forums are intended as a sort of "reference library" with links to web sites, etc., not for asking questions.

If you have a general question about F=ma, you can ask it in the "Classical Physics" forum.

If you have a specific homework / coursework exercise that you want help in solving, go to "Homework and Coursework Questions" and use the "Introductory Physics" subforum.

What is the Math and Science Learning Materials forum?

The Math and Science Learning Materials forum is a section of a larger online community dedicated to discussing and sharing educational resources related to mathematics and science. It is a place for educators, students, and enthusiasts to exchange ideas, ask questions, and provide support to one another.

Why can't I post in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to post in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum. One possibility is that you do not have the required permissions to create new posts. Another reason could be that the forum is currently closed for posting, or your account has been flagged for violating community guidelines.

How can I gain permission to post in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum?

In order to post in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum, you will need to create an account and become an active member of the community. This can include participating in discussions, helping others with their questions, and following community guidelines. Once you have established yourself as a trusted member, you may be granted permission to create new posts.

Are there specific guidelines for posting in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum?

Yes, there are guidelines that must be followed when posting in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum. These guidelines include using appropriate language, providing accurate information, and avoiding spam or self-promotion. It is important to read and understand these guidelines before posting in order to maintain a positive and productive community.

What types of content are appropriate for the Math and Science Learning Materials forum?

The Math and Science Learning Materials forum is intended for discussions and sharing of educational resources related to mathematics and science. This can include lesson plans, teaching strategies, study materials, and educational videos. Please refrain from posting irrelevant or inappropriate content in order to maintain the focus of the forum.