How can I make a live microphone?

• Thread starter adjacent
  • Start date
In summary, if you want to make the input sound to go directly to the speaker without using any computer, you need to use a parabolic microphone.
adjacent
Gold Member
I want to make the input sound to go directly to the speaker without using any computer.
Can you please help me?

Engineering news on Phys.org
You need some sort of amplifier, otherwise you won't hear the result. It does not matter which amplifier you use, a computer is just one option.
Feedback from the speakers to the microphone could be an issue if the amplifier simply amplifies everything.

adjacent said:
I want to make the input sound to go directly to the speaker without using any computer.
Can you please help me?
I assume you mean without using any amplifier? You would have to experiment, i haven't tried it.

I know you can use a speaker as a microphone. So get two large speakers, 8Ω or so, (large speakers are more efficient.) Have them in different rooms, joined by speaker cable or electrical twin lead. If your friend gets close to one speaker and talks loudly, I think you will be able to hear faint talking if you put your ear close to the other speaker in a different room.

Let us know how you go. :smile:

NascentOxygen said:
I assume you mean without using any amplifier? You would have to experiment, i haven't tried it.

I know you can use a speaker as a microphone. So get two large speakers, 8Ω or so, (large speakers are more efficient.) Have them in different rooms, joined by speaker cable or electrical twin lead. If your friend gets close to one speaker and talks loudly, I think you will be able to hear faint talking if you put your ear close to the other speaker in a different room.

Let us know how you go. :smile:
No.I want to eavesdrop on people.Firstly I have to make sound concentrate on one point by using a parabola.Then I have to put the microphone there and listen it live.

Attachments

• dsaf.png
    dsaf.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 447
Last edited by a moderator:
No.
It is not sufficient to have something which can provide power... you need some way to amplify the signal (apart from special conditions like the parabolic microphone and so on).

1. How does a microphone work?

A microphone works by converting sound waves into electrical signals. This is done through a diaphragm that vibrates when sound waves hit it. The vibrations are then converted into electrical signals by a transducer, which is then amplified to produce audible sound.

2. What materials are needed to make a live microphone?

To make a live microphone, you will need a diaphragm, a transducer, an amplifier, and a power source. You may also need other materials such as a housing or casing to protect and support the components.

3. How can I make a live microphone at home?

To make a live microphone at home, you can start by gathering the necessary materials and following a step-by-step guide or tutorial. You can also purchase microphone kits that provide all the necessary components and instructions for assembly.

4. Can I make a live microphone without any electrical knowledge?

Making a live microphone without any electrical knowledge can be challenging and potentially dangerous. It is recommended to have at least basic knowledge of electronics and circuits before attempting to make a live microphone.

5. How can I improve the sound quality of my homemade live microphone?

To improve the sound quality of your homemade live microphone, you can experiment with different materials for the diaphragm and transducer, adjust the positioning and sensitivity of the components, and add filters or amplifiers to enhance the sound. It may also help to research and understand the principles of microphone design and audio engineering.