Search for College Physics Handheld Book - Suggestions Needed

In summary, the person is looking for a small and portable book on College Physics topics such as kinematics, dynamics, and Newton's laws. They mention that their textbook is okay but they would like a handheld book for easier reading. They ask for suggestions and receive recommendations for compact editions from the 60s, as well as specific books by French and Kleppner & Kolenkow.
Bboy-Lancer17
Hi,
I'm looking for a book that's relative to College Physics, specifically kinematics, dynamics, Newton's laws etc. Something that is small and I can read in and out of lecture, basically something portable.
My textbook is okay but it would be nice if I can read a handheld book about certain subjects. Of course, this will not be a replacement for my textbook,

any suggestions on what I should look for?

thanks in advanced

Physics news on Phys.org

I would recommend looking for a book that is specifically geared towards college physics and covers the topics you mentioned. Some suggestions could be "College Physics Essentials" by Raymond A. Serway and Chris Vuille, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach" by Randall D. Knight, or "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker. These books are designed for college-level courses and cover the topics you mentioned in a portable format. Additionally, you may want to consider looking for an e-book version, as these can often be accessed on a handheld device. It's important to remember that a handheld book should not replace your textbook, but can be a helpful supplement for studying on the go. I recommend researching and comparing different options to find the best fit for your needs.

What is a College Physics Handheld Book?

A College Physics Handheld Book is a compact, portable version of a traditional physics textbook. It contains condensed versions of information and equations typically found in a full-size textbook, making it easier for students to carry and reference while studying or in class.

Why should I use a College Physics Handheld Book?

A College Physics Handheld Book is a convenient tool for students to have on hand, especially during class or while studying. Its compact size allows for easy transportation and its condensed information makes it a quick reference guide for key concepts and equations.

What should I look for in a College Physics Handheld Book?

When searching for a College Physics Handheld Book, it is important to look for one that is concise and well-organized. It should also have clear and easy-to-understand explanations and examples, as well as a comprehensive index for quick referencing.

Are College Physics Handheld Books available for all levels of physics?

Yes, there are College Physics Handheld Books available for all levels of physics, from introductory courses to advanced topics. It is important to choose one that aligns with your specific course or curriculum.

Can I use a College Physics Handheld Book as a replacement for a full-size textbook?

While a College Physics Handheld Book can be a useful tool, it is not meant to replace a full-size textbook. It should be used as a supplement or reference guide, rather than a standalone resource. It is important to consult with your instructor to determine the best resources for your course.