Quick elemental question about a circuit (Finding V in a node)

• Thread starter wiz0r
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation was about a poorly drawn circuit and a question about the voltage at a specific node. After some discussion, it was discovered that there was a mistake in the drawing, resulting in the voltage at the node being -0.6 V. The issue was resolved and the person was able to move forward with their project.
wiz0r
Hi,

I just made a really poorly drawn part of a circuit I'm trying to solve. But, I got one question that I don't understand!

How come the Voltage of the node C is -0.6 V? Can someone be kind enough and explain it to me?

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• help me.JPG
    help me.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 370
Physics news on Phys.org
Meh, nevermind, there is a mistake on the drawing. Right besides the .6V there is a reference node, therefore the voltage of C = -.6 V.

So, yeah, solved.

wiz0r said:
Meh, nevermind, there is a mistake on the drawing. Right besides the .6V there is a reference node, therefore the voltage of C = -.6 V.

So, yeah, solved.

And before your picture was even approved.

Good luck.

What is a node in a circuit?

A node in a circuit is a point where two or more circuit elements are connected. It is represented by a dot in a circuit diagram, and all elements connected to that point have the same potential or voltage.

How do I find the voltage at a node?

To find the voltage at a node, you can use Kirchhoff's Voltage Law, which states that the sum of all voltage drops in a closed loop is equal to the sum of all voltage rises. You can also use Ohm's Law to calculate the voltage at a node by multiplying the current by the resistance.

What is the purpose of finding the voltage at a node?

Finding the voltage at a node is important in circuit analysis as it helps determine the behavior of the circuit and the flow of electricity. It can also be used to troubleshoot circuit problems and ensure proper functioning of the circuit.

Can the voltage at a node be negative?

Yes, the voltage at a node can be negative. This simply means that the polarity of the voltage at that node is opposite to the direction of current flow. It does not affect the functioning of the circuit as long as the voltage is within the specified range.

What factors can affect the voltage at a node?

Several factors can affect the voltage at a node, including the number and type of circuit elements connected to the node, the direction and magnitude of current flow, and the resistance of the elements. Changes in these factors can result in a change in the voltage at the node.