Why would a girl ignore your calls?

• Thread starter ephedyn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, my best friend has the misconception that I'm in love with her, but I don't think either of us meant it seriously.
DanP said:
I could go on about what I think as baggage.
OK, now you're speaking a little more reasonably, instead of with sweeping claims.

DanP said:
And yes, I agree with you, I am still a very young man. Any man under 50 should consider himself very young. I pity the fools who feel old in their 30s.
It is not about "considering" onesself young. It's about the mileage. My suggestion was that you were young enough to not have experienced as much in the way of baggage, and so had a comparatively simplistic view of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
OK, now you're speaking a little more reasonably, instead of with sweeping claims.

It is not about "considering" onesself young. It's about the mileage. My suggestion was that you were young enough to not have experienced as much in the way of baggage, and so had a comparatively simplistic view of it.

What Dave said.

GeorginaS said:
What Dave said.

You are pretty much mistaken. I am 37, and I dated on and off (save for pauses for longer term relationships) for over 20 years now. I am just not so inclined to see life as an asylum :P Its probably a simplistic way of life, treating ppl in my life as "normal". But it works, Simple works. Up to you guys if you want to be "complex":devil:

Last edited:
DanP said:
You are pretty much mistaken. I am 37, and I dated on and off (save for pauses for longer term relationships) for over 20 years now. I am just not so inclined to see life as an asylum :P

Have you met Chris Hansen?

cronxeh said:
Have you met Chris Hansen?

I have no idea who is that guy. Remember, I do not live in US.

DanP said:
that's pretty far fetched, alluding that men with high testosterone "sexually objectify women"

I didn't allude to anything having to do with a man's testosterone levels; I asked the poster to define how he is using the word "healthy."

Also, calling a woman (or anyone) "a prime slice of @$$," is sexual objectification, Dan.

DanP said:
You are pretty much mistaken.
You keep making these categorical assertions, as if you have access to some truth that others do not.

And that too is common in youngsters. :tongue:

DaveC426913 said:
You keep making these categorical assertions, as if you have access to some truth that others do not.

Sounds like you're calling him immature for a 37 year old Mr C! :biggrin:

DanP said:
You are pretty much mistaken. I am 37, and I dated on and off (save for pauses for longer term relationships) for over 20 years now. I am just not so inclined to see life as an asylum :P Its probably a simplistic way of life, treating ppl in my life as "normal". But it works, Simple works. Up to you guys if you want to be "complex":devil:

I'd be interested to know what you are asserting Dave is "pretty much mistaken" about. You didn't argue anything he actually wrote.

GeorginaS said:
I'd be interested to know what you are asserting Dave is "pretty much mistaken" about. You didn't argue anything he actually wrote.

About "baggage". You guys seem to insist that everyone who lives is a mini-psycho. Sorry, but that is simply not true. But then again, it seems common in old man to think like that.

DaveC426913 said:

That bothers you Dave ? Smile, life is simple.

DanP said:
You guys seem to insist that everyone who lives is a mini-psycho.

No, it's you who's insisting that.

You are the one who is equating baggage with near-psychotic. I speak just for myself (and presume to include Georgina) saying baggage is very common and pretty much a part of life.

See?

DaveC426913 said:
No, it's you who's insisting that.

You are the one who is equating baggage with near-psychotic. I speak just for myself (and presume to include Georgina) saying baggage is very common and pretty much a part of life.

See?

Wrong PoV. You insist that bagge is part of a normal person, when it is not. You insist on labeling normal as a person with "baggage".

See ?

DanP said:
That bothers you Dave ? Smile, life is simple.

It amuses me; it reminds me of my kids, who also have fairly black & white opinions and tend to speak of "wrong" and "false".

DaveC426913 said:
It amuses me; it reminds me of my kids, who also have fairly black & white opinions and tend to speak of "wrong" and "false".

So yeah, I'm opinionated. Sue me ?:rofl:

DanP said:
Wrong PoV. You insist that bagge is part of a normal person, when it is not. You insist on labeling normal as a person with "baggage".

See ?

I don't insist; I simply have experience of this.

Here's the trouble with your stance:

I claim normally, people have baggage; you claim normally, people do not.

With my stance, both yours and my experiences are valid. (I know lots of people with baggage, you know lots of people that do not.)

With your stance, only your own experiences can be valid. (You knows lots of people who don;t have baggage, yet my experience must be false.)

I can easily falsify your claim because it is more sweeping than you have any business claiming. It excludes other possible experiences.

DaveC426913 said:
I don't insist; I simply have experience of this.

Maybe you are oversensitive, hence exaggerating this baggage ? Its common in old man. One may see problems where there are none.
DaveC426913 said:
I can easily falsify your claim because it is more sweeping than you have any business claiming. It excludes other possible experiences.

Really ? Please do present the proof :P

DanP said:
Maybe you are oversensitive, hence exaggerating this baggage ? Its common in old man. One may see problems where there are none.
Why would you assume I'm the one calling it baggage? People know they carry baggage.

DanP said:
Really ? Please do present the proof :P

You claim that people having baggage is pretty much false. All I have to do is demonstrate that I (and Georgina) do indeed know a significant number of people that have baggage and your claim is laid low.

Note that the corollary is not true; you claiming that you do not know a significant number of people who have baggage does not weaken my claim.

You claim tries to speak for me; my claim does not try to speak for you.

Ok we need to get back to the original thread here. The girl is ignoring phone calls. Guy is persistent, I get it. What about if she is just too scared of a real relationship? What if she doesn't want to settle, feels like she is losing her freedom and independence and just wants to have fun? There might nothing be wrong with the guy, or the girl, its just that if she was to get into a relationship she knows she'll stay, and it will be a long term thing.

What if she is avoiding you because she realizes that with you the search is over.. that the dream of a knight in shiny armor is over and she found him, and its you - the retard in tinfoil?

cronxeh said:
Ok we need to get back to the original thread here.
Really? I thought we'd agreed that he needs to talk to someone about this unhealthy infatuation? And that further hashing of it here would probably just make it worse.

If the OP has been helped, then this is a good place to close up.
Thank you for contacting PF Relationship Support. Please fill out the customer service satisfaction survey that you will receive shortly, and let us know how well we met your needs. We were happy to be of assistance, and look forward to serving you in the future! :smile:

<h2>1. Why is a girl ignoring my calls?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons why a girl is ignoring your calls. She may be busy with other things, not interested in talking to you, or simply not ready to answer your calls. It is important to respect her decision and not pressure her into answering.</p><h2>2. Is it normal for a girl to ignore my calls?</h2><p>It is not uncommon for people, regardless of gender, to ignore calls at times. It could be due to a busy schedule, personal issues, or simply not wanting to talk on the phone. It is important to communicate openly and respectfully with the girl to understand her reasons for ignoring your calls.</p><h2>3. How long should I wait before calling a girl again if she has been ignoring my calls?</h2><p>It is best to give the girl some space and not bombard her with multiple calls if she has been ignoring your calls. It is important to respect her boundaries and not come across as too pushy or desperate. If she continues to ignore your calls, it may be a sign that she is not interested in talking to you.</p><h2>4. What should I do if a girl ignores my calls but responds to my messages?</h2><p>Everyone has different preferences when it comes to communication. Some people may prefer texting over phone calls. If a girl is responding to your messages but not answering your calls, it could simply be her preferred method of communication. It is important to respect her preferences and continue to communicate in a way that makes her comfortable.</p><h2>5. How can I get a girl to stop ignoring my calls?</h2><p>It is not advisable to try and force someone to answer your calls or communicate with you if they are not interested. The best approach is to have an open and honest conversation with the girl to understand her reasons for ignoring your calls. If she continues to ignore your calls despite your efforts to communicate, it may be best to move on and respect her decision.</p>

1. Why is a girl ignoring my calls?

There could be a variety of reasons why a girl is ignoring your calls. She may be busy with other things, not interested in talking to you, or simply not ready to answer your calls. It is important to respect her decision and not pressure her into answering.

2. Is it normal for a girl to ignore my calls?

It is not uncommon for people, regardless of gender, to ignore calls at times. It could be due to a busy schedule, personal issues, or simply not wanting to talk on the phone. It is important to communicate openly and respectfully with the girl to understand her reasons for ignoring your calls.

3. How long should I wait before calling a girl again if she has been ignoring my calls?

It is best to give the girl some space and not bombard her with multiple calls if she has been ignoring your calls. It is important to respect her boundaries and not come across as too pushy or desperate. If she continues to ignore your calls, it may be a sign that she is not interested in talking to you.

4. What should I do if a girl ignores my calls but responds to my messages?

Everyone has different preferences when it comes to communication. Some people may prefer texting over phone calls. If a girl is responding to your messages but not answering your calls, it could simply be her preferred method of communication. It is important to respect her preferences and continue to communicate in a way that makes her comfortable.

5. How can I get a girl to stop ignoring my calls?

It is not advisable to try and force someone to answer your calls or communicate with you if they are not interested. The best approach is to have an open and honest conversation with the girl to understand her reasons for ignoring your calls. If she continues to ignore your calls despite your efforts to communicate, it may be best to move on and respect her decision.