Is it just me? I have posted a youtube video in

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a forum thread where a user posted a YouTube video but was unable to see it displayed. Another user confirms that they can see the video now, but mentions that videos can take a long time to show in threads with multiple videos. Both users eventually are able to see the video and speculate that it was a temporary glitch.
Borek
Mentor
Is it just me? I have posted a youtube video in "random thoughts" thread and I can't see it - that is, forum displays properly (after looooong wait), there is place where the video should be embedded, but nothing is displayed, just the gray background.

Physics news on Phys.org

I can see it now (if you're referring to the Alanis Morisette video). But sometimes videos take a very long time to show, until then it's just the empty box. This is especially true in threads that have lots of videos (Youtube Classics, Best Songs, etc.).

I can see it now too, must be some temporary glitch somewhere.

1. Is it normal to feel nervous about posting a YouTube video?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel nervous about posting a YouTube video. Putting yourself out there on the internet can be intimidating, and it is natural to feel anxious about how others will react to your content.

2. How can I increase the chances of my video being successful?

There are a few things you can do to increase the chances of your video being successful. First, make sure your video has an attention-grabbing title and thumbnail. Second, promote your video on social media and other platforms. Third, engage with your audience by responding to comments and creating a community around your channel.

3. Is it important to have high-quality equipment for making YouTube videos?

While high-quality equipment can certainly enhance the production value of your videos, it is not necessary to have expensive equipment to make successful videos. Many popular YouTubers started out with just a simple camera or phone and have grown their channels over time.

4. How do I deal with negative comments on my video?

It is important to remember that not everyone will have positive things to say about your video. It is important to not take negative comments personally and focus on the positive feedback you receive. If the negative comments become overwhelming, you can also choose to disable comments on your video.

5. Can I make money from posting YouTube videos?

Yes, you can make money from posting YouTube videos. Once you have a certain number of subscribers and views, you can monetize your channel through ads, sponsorships, and merchandise. However, it takes time and effort to build a successful channel and start earning money from it.