Where can I find images of atomic energy level diagrams for chemical elements?

In summary, the conversation was about finding images of atomic energy level diagrams for different chemical elements. The original poster, Hoang, was seeking help in finding the diagram for Hg, but later discovered it on their own. Another person asked for help in finding the diagram for Cd. The conversation ended with a reminder to always check the date of the post before responding.
hoangan_lyk12
Hi, I'm having problem about Atomic energy levels.
Who can help me find Images about Atomic energy levels diagrams of chemical elements.
Thanks^^.
Example: Atomic energy level diagram of Hg:
[PLAIN]http://ca8.upanh.com/15.290.19566358.Z7p0/fig1.gif
You can contact me.
I'm Hoang An

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
found it, I found it
Noone help me, but I found it.^^

hoangan_lyk12 said:
found it, I found it
Noone help me, but I found it.^^

Dear Hoang,
where you find energy level diagram of Hg? Can you tell me ? I want to get the diagram of Cd!
I am looking forward to your reply!
Thank you!
best wishes!

This thread is over 2 years old since the last reply! Make sure to look at the date right above the persons name to see when when they posted.

1. What is an atomic energy level diagram?

An atomic energy level diagram is a graphical representation of the energy levels of an atom. It shows the arrangement of electrons in an atom and the energy levels they occupy. The diagram is used to visualize and understand the electronic structure of an atom.

2. How is an atomic energy level diagram organized?

Atomic energy level diagrams are organized with the lowest energy level at the bottom and the highest energy level at the top. The different energy levels are represented by horizontal lines, and the electrons are shown as arrows on the lines. The arrows point in the direction of the electron spin, which can be either up or down.

3. What do the numbers on an atomic energy level diagram represent?

The numbers on an atomic energy level diagram represent the principal quantum numbers (n). These numbers indicate the energy level that the electron is occupying. The first energy level (n=1) is closest to the nucleus, followed by n=2, n=3, and so on.

4. How do electrons move between energy levels in an atomic energy level diagram?

Electrons can move between energy levels in an atom by absorbing or releasing energy. When electrons absorb energy, they jump to a higher energy level. This is known as an excited state. When they release energy, they fall back down to a lower energy level, emitting light in the process. This is known as an emission or photon.

5. What is the significance of atomic energy level diagrams?

Atomic energy level diagrams are significant because they help us understand the behavior of atoms and their electrons. They also play a crucial role in explaining the properties of elements and how they interact with each other. Moreover, they are used in various fields, such as chemistry and physics, to predict and explain the behavior of atoms in different situations.