Who needs anger management?

• News
  • Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Management
In summary: Fonda...what is it with these people? I've never heard anyone criticize the military though, just the policies of a government. In summary, people who trash soldiers generally don't like the goals which the soldiers serve.
I hate people who trash soldiers. Why would anyone make fun of people who die for their freedoms? What do you think, am i right in my hate?
Who needs anger management? that worked just fine, i feel a lot better now.

Fibonacci

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i hate the haters

and those who 'hate' soldiers see the world differently from what you would consider to be a norm. sometimes there is a whole different perspective that you are not aware of, perhaps a peaceful, serene state of mind that you know exists, but don't want to think about. sure, people are different, and you need military, and its a doggy dog world, but everyone has a different opinion and you need to at least try to see their side of the story

now i don't know who jane fonda is or what her work is about - a quick googling revealed her sexay picture on imdb, but other than that i have no idea how she got you all puffed up. you should try to analyze every individual 'military hater type' and try to see what the root of it is. it could be that she was raped by a group of navy sailors when she was 13, or that she had a father who died in the military, or she simply doesn't like violence in general and has this idealistic world view. there could be a number of things, but to lash out at everyone like that shows immature behaviour.

to further drive the point, the people on this planet are like bacteria - we have limited resources and way too many people per planet. this in turn, combined with general religious ignorance and lack of world-wide mandatory education has led to conflicts that you can see everywhere today. you could argue that her dismay is aimed at the wrong source - at the effect rather than cause, and that would be an intelligent analysis of the issue at hand. try to think before you post

during the vietnam war, the americans caught a couple vietnamese soldier. they tried interrogating them @ 10000ft or something but the first wouldn't talk, so he got thrown out. the 2nd guy talked immediately, but then he was thrown out too... it's stuff like that that people (normal people) wouldn't like. I've never heard of people criticizing the military though, just the policies of a government.

fourier jr said:
i've never heard of people criticizing the military though, just the policies of a government.
Are you joking? You've really never heard anyone criticize the military? That's insane man, get out more often...

1 said:
I hate people who trash soldiers. Why would anyone make fun of people who die for their freedoms?
When you phrase it like that, you're totally misunderstanding people who trash soldiers. As far as I know, no one thinks "Soldiers die to defend my freedoms, thus I hate them." People who trash soldiers generally don't like the government, the military, and the goals which the soldiers serve. It one thinks a war is unjust, it makes total sense to hate those who actually are carrying out the war. If you don't think the government is defending your freedoms or the freedoms of others, and think the military is aiding in the stifling of freedoms, then it makes total sense to hate the actual physical manifestation of the militiray - the soldier - whose goal is to essentially carry out whatever orders he's given, by whatever possibly corrupt or evil official that decides what the orders shall be.

cronxeh said:
...and its a doggy dog world...

Where I come from, its a "a dog-eat-dog world" :smile:

and "what you eat is what you are", so the more dog you eat, the doggier you are, hence: doggy dog world.

Well I don't hate soldiers, but I hate what they do (kill). I'm a pacifist so I don't believe in killing, even in self defense or the defense of others. Some people may find that cowardly or selfish and probably foolish. But I don't have time explain my entire beliefs in one post.

cronxeh said:
now i don't know who jane fonda is or what her work is about - a quick googling revealed her sexay picture on imdb, but other than that i have no idea how she got you all puffed up. you should try to analyze every individual 'military hater type' and try to see what the root of it is. it could be that she was raped by a group of navy sailors when she was 13, or that she had a father who died in the military, or she simply doesn't like violence in general and has this idealistic world view. there could be a number of things, but to lash out at everyone like that shows immature behaviour.
Jane Fonda's father was a very successful actor (Henry Fonda) and led a fairly protected life until she became a successful actress, herself. Jane Fonda, even by her own admission, tended to adopt whatever ideals the current man in her life held. That certainly shows a serious personality problem, but one that actually has little to do with the morality of war or soldiers.

wasteofo2 said:
When you phrase it like that, you're totally misunderstanding people who trash soldiers. As far as I know, no one thinks "Soldiers die to defend my freedoms, thus I hate them." People who trash soldiers generally don't like the government, the military, and the goals which the soldiers serve. It one thinks a war is unjust, it makes total sense to hate those who actually are carrying out the war. If you don't think the government is defending your freedoms or the freedoms of others, and think the military is aiding in the stifling of freedoms, then it makes total sense to hate the actual physical manifestation of the militiray - the soldier - whose goal is to essentially carry out whatever orders he's given, by whatever possibly corrupt or evil official that decides what the orders shall be.
wasteofo2 hit on the reason some people hate the military. I think that kind of thinking is a little misguided - a little like hating police because you got a speeding ticket. Particularly ironic is the number of those people who don't vote because the entire democratic institution is corrupt, including the elections.

i personaly hate the military becouse they are like an army of robots trained to kill on command... they are forbiden to think by themselfs (my be only chose what kind of amunition to use :rofl: ) they have no power, they can't decide for themselfs, they only have to follow orders, it doesn't mother who their boss is. or what is his purpose, they can't never. never question authotity. They are mindless robots trained to kill and to follow orders..

My personal opinion...

I hate soldiers... I hate the goverenment... now don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with defending freedom... but...theirs soldiers who just kill for the money or to get into school. why would u waste a life to support your own. and these days.. all wars are pointless... hey they havnt given us oil let's go trash their country or... hey these peeps are on our land.. let's destory them...

I LIKE THIS FORUMS... IMA MAKE U ALL HATE ME.. BUT IF U WANA LIKE ME LIKE ME... BUT IF U WANA HATE ME HATE ME.. I MAYBE HATE U NOW.. HAHAH./.

Burnsys said:
i personaly hate the military becouse they are like an army of robots trained to kill on command... they are forbiden to think by themselfs (my be only chose what kind of amunition to use :rofl: ) they have no power, they can't decide for themselfs, they only have to follow orders, it doesn't mother who their boss is. or what is his purpose, they can't never. never question authotity. They are mindless robots trained to kill and to follow orders..

My personal opinion...
Is that why Argentina's military did so well against Great Britain in the Falklands?

cronxeh said:
now i don't know who jane fonda is or what her work is about - a quick googling revealed her sexay picture on imdb, but other than that i have no idea how she got you all puffed up.
Google "Hanoi Jane" and you should find plenty. Here's what Snopes has to say...
http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

Well this brings two points into light:

1. treason

and 2. disagreement with military ways.

You should probably separate the two issues. It seems Jane Fonda, based on those aforementioned accounts, is indeed a traitor. Once your country is at war you don't jepordize your own military people. You may protest, you may be proactive and seek a solution that would bring the war to an end, but when you are either doing things like it was described about Fonda, or with an Iraqi prison scandal - you are a traitor to your country.

Part of the problem is her ignorance. She doesn't see the problem at its root. Dont yell at the machine, yell at the operator. The military doesn't have a say - they do what is asked from them, with a few exceptions when it came to a prison scandal. The problem is in the foreign policy - and problem there is in religion.

cronxeh said:
Part of the problem is her ignorance. She doesn't see the problem at its root. Dont yell at the machine, yell at the operator. The military doesn't have a say - they do what is asked from them, with a few exceptions when it came to a prison scandal. The problem is in the foreign policy - and problem there is in religion.
(emphasis mine)
'Asked of them' by whom? The American people, of course - the election was a mandate for Bush's policies in Iraq, wasn't it? It might feel better to blame one small facet (religion) or to blame all the folks who voted for Bush (I voted for him in 2000 when he was running against someone who seemed equally unimpressive), but democracy kind of means that win or lose, agree or disagree, all of the people still have resonsibility for their nation's foreign policy.

BobG said:
Is that why Argentina's military did so well against Great Britain in the Falklands?

But britain won the war... Argentina's military was composed of 18 year old kids forced against they will to go to war, with poor equipment, poor training, defective weapons... again... this kids didn't have a choice. they had no power nor authorithy, they were sent to die and kill against they will...

1 said:
I hate people who trash soldiers. Why would anyone make fun of people who die for their freedoms? What do you think, am i right in my hate? people like that should be shot, and hung by their thumbs while being beaten with baseball bats and then lit on fire while hanging from a fan by the neck with piano wire. that's how people like jane fonda should die, that dirty little ho. I hope that ***** burns in hell like the scum she is.

Who needs anger management? that worked just fine, i feel a lot better now.

Fibonacci

Fibonacci,

I am in 98% agreement with you. My methods of punishment would be different from yours, but there are some we share. I have to be careful with how involved I become in this thread because it hit very close to home for me.

cronxeh said:
Well this brings two points into light:

1. treason

and 2. disagreement with military ways.

You should probably separate the two issues. It seems Jane Fonda, based on those aforementioned accounts, is indeed a traitor. Once your country is at war you don't jepordize your own military people. You may protest, you may be proactive and seek a solution that would bring the war to an end, but when you are either doing things like it was described about Fonda, or with an Iraqi prison scandal - you are a traitor to your country.

This is part of the problem. There are people who hate the military because of what they do. You're right in stating they don't have a say; they do what they are told to do. Unfortunately Cronxeh, people fail to realize what you just said. So they hate the military. It would be similar to people hating the McDonald's workers because they serve Big Macs. It's not the employee's fault it has an unhealthy level of fats and other ingredients; its the company's. That doesn't change the fact the customer hate the employee who gave it to the customer even though the customer ordered it.

I forgot to add that I wasn't addressing the religion in any part of my post. Just the 'yell at the operator not the machine' portion of yours.

I tend to agree with Bob also in this case. The people are responsible because they are the ones who elect the officials who make the foreign policy.

1 said:
People like that should be shot, and hung by their thumbs while being beaten with baseball bats and then lit on fire while hanging from a fan by the neck with piano wire. that's how people like jane fonda should die, that dirty little ho. I hope that ***** burns in hell like the scum she is.

I thought that these forums were places for intellegent disscussion, not a crank site were people can unleash their ignorant opinions. Posts like these do not contribute to this site, and should be deleted. As for the author of this "wonderful" piece of prose, I suggest that you try and learn what perspective is.

Derek Mohammed

Entropy said:
Well I don't hate soldiers, but I hate what they do (kill). I'm a pacifist so I don't believe in killing, even in self defense or the defense of others. Some people may find that cowardly or selfish and probably foolish. But I don't have time explain my entire beliefs in one post.

So if someone pointed a gun to your head, then offered you the chance to kill him before he killed you, then you would let you kill him?
In the world before technology, you would be dead.

Fibonacci

So if someone pointed a gun to your head, then offered you the chance to kill him before he killed you, then you would let you kill him?
In the world before technology, you would be dead.
:rofl:
That's funny.

My opinion on the matter: Hate in the modern world is counter-productive.

1. Who needs anger management?

Anger management is beneficial for anyone who experiences difficulty controlling their anger. This can include individuals who have a history of aggressive behavior, struggle with managing stress or emotions, or have difficulty communicating effectively.

2. How do I know if I need anger management?

If you find yourself frequently losing your temper, engaging in physical or verbal aggression, or experiencing intense feelings of anger, it may be beneficial to seek out anger management. A mental health professional can help assess your needs and determine if anger management is right for you.

3. Can anger management help with other issues, such as anxiety or depression?

Yes, anger management can be helpful for individuals who struggle with anger as well as other mental health issues. Anger can often be a symptom of underlying issues such as anxiety or depression, and learning effective anger management techniques can also help improve overall mental health and well-being.

4. What types of techniques are used in anger management?

There are various techniques used in anger management, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and communication skills training. These techniques aim to help individuals identify and manage triggers for anger, learn to control their emotions, and improve communication and problem-solving skills.

5. How long does anger management take to be effective?

The length of time for anger management to be effective can vary depending on the individual and their specific needs. However, with consistent effort and practice, individuals can often see improvements in their ability to manage anger within a few weeks or months. Ongoing therapy or support may also be beneficial for long-term success.