Interactive wallpaper/flash player

• Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date
In summary, the warning message is telling the user that they may have allowed an unsafe operation to take place with their wallpaper, and that they need to restart the application in order for the changes to take effect.
Ok, I have an "interactive wallpaper" as the background on my computer. Starting today, I got a warning message that said "macromedia flashplayer has stopped a potentially unsafe operation." and it goes on to say that the application (wallpaper) is trying to access the a webpage (which it is supposed to do) it says to allow it to do so, click the 'settings...' button, which i do, but when i do, nothing happens (i expect something like a settings window or something to pop up, but i really don't know what should happen.) I then read that you have to restart the application for the changes to go into effect. being that I don't really know how one can restart a wallpaper, that is what i think the problem is, but i don't know for sure.
:grumpy:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you sure there isn't any icons in the control panel or start menu that will allow you to restart the wallpaper? It probably has a service. In start menu -> run type services.msc, press enter. In the window that comes up see if there's a service that sounds like your interactive wallpaper and the restart it. Is the flash warning new? Is it the first time that your wallpaper is displaying content with flash? Did you change the security settings, either flash's or IE's?

Funny. I'm working on a flash application for school which loads xml from a site, and as your luck would have it :smile: , i got the very same warning. When i clicked settings it took me to a site. This is where you set the settings:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04a.html
The flash movie on that page is what actually sets the settings. In the global security settings tab Select "always allow". Then, click "edit locations" -> add location and browse for the your background program. If you don't know where your program is, in the add location window there is a tip which gives you the location of the program that tried to access the internet, use that.

Last edited:
thanks to your second post, it now works :biggrin: . I never thought about looking on the flashplayer webpage itself, i was looking in places in my own computer for the settings thing.

What is interactive wallpaper/flash player?

Interactive wallpaper/flash player is a type of software that allows users to customize their desktop backgrounds with dynamic and interactive elements. It is often used for creating animated backgrounds, games, and other interactive content.

How does interactive wallpaper/flash player work?

Interactive wallpaper/flash player works by using a combination of programming languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create dynamic and interactive elements that can be displayed on a user's desktop. These elements can respond to user input and can be customized to create a unique experience.

What are the benefits of using interactive wallpaper/flash player?

The main benefit of using interactive wallpaper/flash player is the ability to personalize your desktop and make it more engaging. It also allows for creativity and can be a fun way to express oneself. Additionally, interactive wallpaper/flash player can serve as a useful tool for displaying information or reminders on your desktop.

Are there any risks associated with using interactive wallpaper/flash player?

While interactive wallpaper/flash player itself does not pose any significant risks, downloading and installing third-party interactive wallpaper/flash player programs from unknown sources can potentially introduce malware or viruses to your computer. It is important to only download and install interactive wallpaper/flash player from trusted sources.

Can interactive wallpaper/flash player be used on any device?

Interactive wallpaper/flash player is primarily designed for use on desktop computers and laptops. However, some devices such as tablets and smartphones may also support interactive wallpaper/flash player, depending on the operating system and available software.