Discover Examples of Matsubara Formalism in Many-Particle Physics: A Guide"

• Thread starter FANTOMAS
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has been reading various books on many-body physics, including "Many-Particle Physics" by Mahan and "Many-Body Quantum Theory in Condensed Matter Physics" by Flensberg. They are looking for examples of using the formalism of Matsubara or applying it to formulates of Kubo-Greenwood. They are also interested in finding a book that specifically covers the formalism of Matsubara, such as the Econmou for functions of Green. The individual appreciates any attention to their question and apologizes for their limited English skills.
FANTOMAS
I HAVE BEEN READING BOOK “MANY-PARTICLE PHYSICS” OF MAHAN BUT IT WANTED TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND EXAMPLES OF LIKE USING THE FORMALISM OF MATSUBARA OR OF BEING POSSIBLE THAT THEY APPLY IT IN FORMULATES IT OF KUBO-GREEWOOD OR TO KNOW IF THERE IS A BOOK THAT SINGLE TREATS FORMALISM MATSUBARA SINCE IT MAKES THE ECONOMU FOR FUNCTIONS DE GREEN,THEM AGRADESCO OF ANTEMAN OR ANY ATTENTION TO MY QUESTION.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a new Many Body book by K. Flensberg. Have you looked at it?

See contents - http://fds.oup.com/www.oup.co.uk/pdf/0-19-856633-6.pdf

http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780198566335

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Very Much

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, BUT I HAVE LOOK IT, THE BOOKS THAT I HAVE READ IN THE LAST MONTHS ARE:

MANY PARTICLE PHYSICS (MAHAN)
Many-Body Quantum Theory in Condensed Matter Physics (FLENSBERG)
QUANTUM THEORY OF MANY PARTICLE SYSTEMS (FETTER)
THE ORIGINAL PAPER OF MATSUBARA

BUT I DONT HAVE IDEA YET HOW APLY TO AN SPECIFIC SYSTEM, FOR EXAMPLE CONDUCTIVITY OF LINEAR CHAIN OR SQUARE LATTICE AND SEE THAT THE RESULTS ARE IDEM.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU ATTENTION TO MY POST.

FANTOMAS said:
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.:cool:

Your English is fine, but the CAPS LOCK key on your computer appears to be stuck in the "on" position. :uhh:

1. What is Matsubara Formalism and what is it used for?

Matsubara Formalism is a mathematical framework used in statistical physics to describe the behavior of systems at finite temperature. It is used to calculate thermodynamic properties and correlation functions of a system in equilibrium.

2. Who developed Matsubara Formalism and when?

Matsubara Formalism was developed by the Japanese physicist Tomonaga Shin'ichirō in the 1950s.

3. How does Matsubara Formalism differ from other statistical physics formalisms?

Matsubara Formalism is unique in that it uses imaginary time, or Euclidean time, instead of real time. This simplifies the calculations and allows for a direct connection to quantum mechanics. It also incorporates the concept of Matsubara frequencies, which are used to describe oscillatory behavior in the system.

4. What are the limitations of Matsubara Formalism?

Matsubara Formalism is limited to systems in thermal equilibrium and cannot be applied to systems out of equilibrium. It also assumes that the system is in a macroscopic state and does not consider microscopic fluctuations. Additionally, it is not applicable to systems with long-range interactions or non-equilibrium phase transitions.

5. What are some real-world applications of Matsubara Formalism?

Matsubara Formalism is commonly used in condensed matter physics, quantum field theory, and nuclear physics. It has also been applied to problems in statistical mechanics, such as calculating the critical temperature of a system undergoing a phase transition. It has also been used to study the properties of materials at high temperatures and in extreme conditions, such as in astrophysics.