Help looking for a printable chart/notes

• Thread starter jayar182
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is looking for a chart or list of trigonometric identities for simplifying, specifically for cos(theta), sin(theta), tan(theta), cot(theta), and their inverses. They are not interested in advanced identities at the moment. Some suggested resources include the website sosmath.com and a PDF document from eowyn.org. They also suggest doing a Google search for more options.
jayar182
hope this on-topic, but I was hoping I can find a chart or something similar containing trigonometric identities for simplifying. my list is incomplete...T_T...I am not looking for the advanced ones (yet, haha) but something along the lines of:

sin^2(theta) + cos^2(theta) = 1
sin^2(theta) = 1 - cos^2(theta)

pretty much a list of cos(theta), sin(theta), tan(theta), cot(theta), what they equal (and when they equal to 1, like my previous examples), and the inverses.

thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out for help with finding a printable chart or notes for trigonometric identities. It is definitely on-topic and a common need for many students and scientists working with trigonometry.

I would suggest checking out online resources such as Khan Academy or MathIsFun, as they often have printable charts or notes available for various math topics, including trigonometric identities. You can also try searching for "trigonometric identities cheat sheet" or "trigonometric identities chart" to find other helpful resources.

In terms of your specific request, here are some common trigonometric identities that you may find useful in simplifying expressions:

- Pythagorean identities: sin^2(theta) + cos^2(theta) = 1, 1 + tan^2(theta) = sec^2(theta), 1 + cot^2(theta) = csc^2(theta)
- Reciprocal identities: sec(theta) = 1/cos(theta), csc(theta) = 1/sin(theta), cot(theta) = 1/tan(theta)
- Double angle identities: sin(2theta) = 2sin(theta)cos(theta), cos(2theta) = cos^2(theta) - sin^2(theta), tan(2theta) = 2tan(theta)/1-tan^2(theta)
- Half angle identities: sin(theta/2) = +/- √[(1-cos(theta))/2], cos(theta/2) = +/- √[(1+cos(theta))/2], tan(theta/2) = +/- √[(1-cos(theta))/(1+cos(theta))]

I hope this helps and best of luck with your studies! Don't hesitate to reach out for further clarification or assistance.

What is a printable chart/notes?

A printable chart/notes is a document that contains organized information, usually in the form of tables, graphs, or bullet points, that can be printed out for easy reference or study.

Where can I find a printable chart/notes?

There are many sources for printable charts and notes, including educational websites, online forums, and even physical books or study guides. It's important to make sure the source is reputable and accurate.

What are the benefits of using a printable chart/notes?

A printable chart/notes can help you organize and condense information, making it easier to study and retain. It can also serve as a quick reference guide for important concepts or formulas.

How can I create my own printable chart/notes?

There are many tools and software available for creating printable charts and notes, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. You can also handwrite them or use a template from a reputable source.

Can I use a printable chart/notes for exams or quizzes?

It depends on the rules and regulations set by your school or institution. Some may allow the use of a personalized chart or notes, while others may not. It's best to check with your teacher or professor beforehand.