Get ANSYS: Where to Download Full/Trial Version

• Thread starter Jones1987
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ansys
In summary, ANSYS is a powerful computer-aided engineering software that is used to simulate, analyze, and optimize physical systems and their behavior. It is commonly used in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, and healthcare to solve complex engineering problems and make informed decisions. The full version of ANSYS can be downloaded from their official website, while the trial version can be requested through a sales representative or partner. The system requirements for ANSYS vary depending on the version and modules being used, but generally require a powerful computer with a multi-core processor, 8GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. While ANSYS has a steep learning curve, there are plenty of resources available, such as online tutorials and guides, to help users
Jones1987
Hi does anyone know where I can get a copy of ANSYS? Full or trial, as I have an exam on it in 3 weeks and would like to know the software inside out.

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org

Buy it, or use university software. Oh also buying it costs about £1200 a seat.

Remember piracy is naughty... YARRRRRRRRRRR!

1. What is ANSYS and why do I need it?

ANSYS is a powerful computer-aided engineering software used by scientists and engineers to simulate, analyze, and optimize physical systems and their behavior. It helps with solving complex engineering problems and making informed decisions in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, and healthcare.

2. Where can I download the full or trial version of ANSYS?

You can download the full version of ANSYS from the official ANSYS website. However, to access the trial version, you will need to contact an ANSYS sales representative or partner to request a trial license. Alternatively, some universities and companies may have access to ANSYS licenses for educational or research purposes.

3. What are the system requirements for running ANSYS?

The system requirements for ANSYS can vary depending on the specific version and modules being used. Generally, it is recommended to have a powerful computer with a multi-core processor, a minimum of 8GB RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. You can check the specific system requirements for your desired version on the ANSYS website.

4. Is ANSYS difficult to learn and use?

ANSYS has a steep learning curve, and it may take some time to become proficient in using the software. However, there are many online tutorials, guides, and training courses available to help you learn ANSYS. Additionally, ANSYS has a user-friendly interface and offers extensive documentation to make the learning process easier.

5. Can I use ANSYS for my specific research or project?

ANSYS offers a wide range of modules for different applications such as structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, and more. It is commonly used in various industries and research fields. To determine if ANSYS is suitable for your specific research or project, you can consult with an ANSYS representative or do some research to see if it has been used successfully in similar projects.